The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What part of your body is giving you problems today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=22986)

skysidhe 06-20-2010 05:05 PM

Ibuprofen,too much licorice, a change in the weather will make your ears ring too.
I am sure there are more but those I have direct experience with.

Sometimes an antihistamine works to dry up the eustachian tube and that helps. I have not tried it in a while. Since my last ear infection my ear has been humming along quite nicely. I should take my own advice. lol

classicman 06-20-2010 09:37 PM

thanks - I may try that. Its just the oddest thing. I noticed it one day and it hasn't stopped since. Talked tot he Doc - he was concerned, ER blah blah blah. I have zero time for that.

limey 06-21-2010 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 664870)
thanks - I may try that. Its just the oddest thing. I noticed it one day and it hasn't stopped since. Talked tot he Doc - he was concerned, my own good health and peace of mind, peace of mind for my family. I have zero time for that.

Fixed it fer ya! Classic - take care of yourself, not just for your own sake ...

TheMercenary 06-21-2010 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 664784)
Oh an my ears have been ringing for about 3 weeks as well. BP, pulse and all the easy stuff checked out fine.

Tinnitus is common. I have it as well.

HungLikeJesus 06-21-2010 07:40 AM

My ears ring so loud that other people can hear it.

lumberjim 06-21-2010 08:43 AM

what?

classicman 06-21-2010 09:19 AM

Thanks limey - I know I know ... Just got a lot going on in my life and this is currently just annoying. That and its so far down the list...
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 664927)
Tinnitus is common. I have it as well.

Mine ring all the time though. I thought Tinnitus was an occasional thing brought on by loud noise or infection.

Clodfobble 06-21-2010 01:13 PM

All you have to do is put the word "chronic" in front of it, and it becomes permanent. :)

Shawnee123 06-21-2010 01:15 PM

I remember when my ears rang and my head exploded all the time and I thought I had a brain tumor. Good times, good times.

classicman 06-21-2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 665019)
All you have to do is put the word "chronic" in front of it, and it becomes permanent. :)

I was hoping to avoid that part - At what point do we determine it is chronic? After a week, month or year?

I'm still trying to wish it away :rolleyes:

TheMercenary 06-21-2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 664960)
Thanks limey - I know I know ... Just got a lot going on in my life and this is currently just annoying. That and its so far down the list...

Mine ring all the time though. I thought Tinnitus was an occasional thing brought on by loud noise or infection.

Mine varies in loudness and disruptiveness. The worse time for me is at night when trying to go to sleep or when I wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep. I don't know. I just chalked it up to occupational exposure in the military.

classicman 06-21-2010 02:30 PM

Well I followed the dead around for awhile and went to A LOT of pretty loud concerts when I was younger. Just can't get why it started seemingly outta nowhere....

DanaC 06-21-2010 05:37 PM

Right elbow, and shoulder. In fact my whole right arm. Pain is shooting up and down from both elbow and shoulder joint.

It's really annoying.

jinx 06-21-2010 05:48 PM

What the crap Dana? Need some acupuncture?

DanaC 06-21-2010 05:52 PM

Har! Probably.

It's a combination of tennis elbow, and repetetive strain type thing. My hand as well is painful. Add to that there's a swelling under my arm (yes I got it checked, just a cyst deep underneath the surface). I think it's pressing on a nerve.

Half of this shit is down to the computer I think. A dog who pulls on the lead doesnt help much either ;p