The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The Compliment Thread (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=4571)

elSicomoro 12-13-2003 12:48 PM

I'd like to compliment myself on working so hard the past 2 weeks...104 hours--and not for naught, especially since I'm an hourly employee.

Also, I'd like to give myself props for being so damned sexy.

xoxoxoBruce 12-13-2003 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sycamore
snip - Also, I'd like to give myself props for being so damned sexy.
You'll need props to hold up that claim.:)
Quote:

Hey, better than me...I got more recognized for material items.
I don't think your poetry is a material item. It's a lot more than the paper and ink (or electrons and bytes), if your know what I mean.

elSicomoro 12-13-2003 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
You'll need props to hold up that claim.
Rho?

Quote:

I don't think your poetry is a material item. It's a lot more than the paper and ink (or electrons and bytes), if your know what I mean.
I know...that's why I said "mostly". I'm just giving Warch some shit anyway.

Gwennie! 12-13-2003 03:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by sycamore
I'd like to compliment myself on working so hard the past 2 weeks...104 hours--and not for naught, especially since I'm an hourly employee.

Also, I'd like to give myself props for being so damned sexy.

Props to Sycamore for being the first one to respond to one of my posts here. Thanks for the warm welcome.

And special compliments for being so modest. If your SO weren't here, I'd flirt with you. :angel:

Nothing But Net 12-13-2003 03:14 PM

There is no.. I repeat.. NO.. fucking way that such an attractive person is a Cellarite.

Oh wait, maybe there is...

Undertoad 12-13-2003 03:43 PM

http://cellar.org/2003/gwenstefani.jpg

We should stick to the thread topic for once!

Gwen Stefani is cute!

Beestie 12-13-2003 03:47 PM

Quote:

There is no.. I repeat.. NO.. fucking way that such an attractive person is a Cellarite.
Not unless Gwen Stefani has decided to start hanging out here.

Which [dead kitten] would be fine [/dead kitten] :)

But, getting back on topic, first I'd like to thank UT for hosting such an awesome place and for being a kind and benevolent mod who allows Cellarites to be themselves.

Many of the good Cellarites have already been acknowledged so I'll give a shout out to insoluble and FileNotFound. Smart folk. I disagree with them sometimes and let them know on occasion but they aren't thin-skinned and aren't afraid to step up to the plate and disagree in a civilized manner. I respect that and appreciate it.

And I think lj has added quite a bit to the forum since he has joined.

And to dave. I thought you were far to mean-spirited on occasion but there was a method to your madness - one that I admired.

Gwennie! 12-13-2003 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nothing But Net

Oh wait, maybe there is...

Maybe you're right - I'm just a Gwennabe. But, her hair is fake, so what's reality anyway?

Gwennie! 12-13-2003 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Beestie
Not unless Gwen Stefani has decided to start hanging out here.
On the NoDoubt.com fan forum, Gwen Stefani started posting, everyone thought she was a troll and gave her a hard time. At one point she said "I'm exhausted from being doubted." Finally, she put up a notice on the NoDoubt.com home page that it was really her in the forum. But, by then, she was tired of the whole thing and stopped posting. She was kind of naiive about forums. It was pretty funny to see it unfold.

lumberjim 12-13-2003 04:09 PM

Gwennie,
welcome aboard.

and my compliments on being a non-asshat so far. i like it.
good to know that not all newbies are trolls and crapflooders.......being a semi newbie, myself, it lends to my credibility.... hope you stick around for a while.
Ljim

oh, and how bout a REAL pic of you here ?

juju 12-13-2003 04:23 PM

I compliment Dagnabit, for his incredible cleverness and honesty. :)

lumberjim 12-13-2003 05:19 PM

remember, juju....no sarcasm

xoxoxoBruce 12-13-2003 06:07 PM

Everyone except the people I don't like, but I can't think of anyone who's stayed in that catagory for more than a few minutes.
So everyone, for contributing, which is what makes the Cellar possible in the first place. And secondly for being civil which makes it fun.
Of course UT, for making it physically(electrically?) possible.

Griff 12-13-2003 07:29 PM

to the tune of your choice

You are all invited to use the following lyrics to the tune of your choice: ( will work with any tune you choose)

I'll be dipped in donkey dung and rolled in rainbow jimmies repeat as necessary recently sung at the Appalachian Tavern to the tune of the Star Spangled Banner

LUVBUGZ 12-14-2003 03:02 PM

Lumberjim

Please forgive the play on words, but I couldn't resist.

I'm impressed with Lumberjim's cunnilingual abilities, that is, he's such a cunning linguist, as opposed to a cunt licker.:p