The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Image of the Day (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   August 6, 2007: Deer fishing (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14998)

Hoof Hearted 08-06-2007 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksNuts (Post 372113)
...when I went and saw the Turtles...

Turtles? What do you mean 'you can't help them get to the ocean, no matter what happens'? What turtles? What happens to them?

Bullitt 08-06-2007 10:47 PM

I've been camping in the Florida Keys on a very remote little speck of forested island and deer lived on the darn thing. The island wasn't huge either.

xoxoxoBruce 08-06-2007 10:51 PM

Key Deer, Bullitt.... they're natives.

Btw, I watched Bullitt on TV tonight, followed by Easy Rider.... good shit.

Bullitt 08-06-2007 11:55 PM

Both quality movies.. first viewing?

Yeah I have a picture of one of my buddies feeding one of 'em a Cheeto or something from his mouth.. whoops. I'll see if i can dig it up.

rkzenrage 08-06-2007 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullitt (Post 372187)
I've been camping in the Florida Keys on a very remote little speck of forested island and deer lived on the darn thing. The island wasn't huge either.

Key deer are awesome, spent my honeymoon down there.

Bullitt 08-07-2007 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkzenrage (Post 372206)
Key deer are awesome, spent my honeymoon down there.

Nice work on that.. I want to do another trip so bad. It was amazingly cool kayaking through the thick mangroves, sharking fishing at night on a little 10'x10' floating dock in chest deep water, catching lobster with a stick and a net (it was the "mini season"), and keeping the damn 'coons (vacacoons?) from eating our food!

but back on topic.. that's awesome what those guys did. That deer could have easily gone ape-shit on them.

rkzenrage 08-07-2007 12:15 AM

The Townhouses on Key Largo are awesome, I think they are Best Western or Holiday Inn, but they were SWEET!

DucksNuts 08-07-2007 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted (Post 372182)
Turtles? What do you mean 'you can't help them get to the ocean, no matter what happens'? What turtles? What happens to them?

We *holidayed* on a hatchling island, hundreds of the little cuties are hatched out, but only a percentage of them make it to the ocean and then only a few will make it to breeding age.

When you are volunteering on the island, you are under strict instruction NOT to assist the babies in any way.

Its awful to watch them get stuck in a rock pool or something and not be able help.

Sometimes gulls get them or they just get too hot.

Its a bit like the wild life film crews arent to help any animals that they are filming.

Uisge Beatha 08-07-2007 05:58 AM

Gee, I had taken it a totally different way, Ducks. The capital "T" in Turtles and Bruce's highlighting of your 'tarting gear' had me thinking you had wanted to aid the aging Flo and Eddie. Philanthropy seemed to go right along with animal rescue.

DucksNuts 08-07-2007 06:36 AM

Totally not my type Bertha

spudcon 08-07-2007 10:52 AM

Flo and Eddie

Quote:

The capital "T" in Turtles and Bruce's highlighting of your 'tarting gear' had me thinking you had wanted to aid the aging Flo and Eddie. Philanthropy seemed to go right along with animal rescue.
Quote:

Totally not my type Bertha
Well then, who WILL take care of the old Turtles? I think that should be on the agenda at the next presidential debate!

Shawnee123 08-07-2007 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkzenrage (Post 372212)
The Townhouses on Key Largo are awesome, I think they are Best Western or Holiday Inn, but they were SWEET!

Stayed at a B & B in Key West (theme was authors) after getting advanced open water scuba training in Islamorada. The night dive was amazing: phosphorescense.
i love the keys.

That deer is great. Cool that it let those guys help.

xoxoxoBruce 08-07-2007 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullitt (Post 372204)
Both quality movies.. first viewing?

My first viewing? Hell no. I saw them both at the drive-in when they came out. Saw Bullitt in a '68 Charger and Easy Rider in a '69 Corvette. :driving:

Hoof Hearted 08-08-2007 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 372190)
Btw, I watched Bullitt on TV tonight, followed by Easy Rider.... good shit.

I just watched "Thunderbolt and Lightfoot" the other day...one of Hubby's fave movies. Our fave actor is Jeff Bridges. Fave movie w/JB is Starman. Another fave is "The Sandlot" w/ Karen Allen in a small part.

Anyway Ducks, I don't think I could sit and watch the little babies...I'd be wanting to scoop, guide and herd to the ocean. I wouldn't be able to volunteer, though I think it would be wonderful to watch the hatchlings. (but not see anything bad happen to them)
hh