The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Image of the Day (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   March 1, 2007: Remotely controlled dove (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13447)

Sundae 03-01-2007 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 319307)
Cockroaches of the Sea. Filthy.

When I win the lottery I am drugging you, like they used to drug Mr T in the A Team, and taking you to the Scilly Isles (just off the UK coastline). We will go to a little restaurant in the morning to tell them we would please like to have loster that evening and they will catch it to order.

And that night we are going to sit down and eat lobster thermidore and you are going to enjoy it. Or you don't get any more drugs.

Kitsune 03-01-2007 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 319307)
Cockroaches of the Sea. Filthy.

And delicious.

If cockroaches tasted as good, you'd bet I'd eat them instead of spraying for them.

Tomtheman5 03-01-2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsune (Post 319324)
And delicious.

If cockroaches tasted as good, you'd bet I'd eat them instead of spraying for them.

They do... remember? :D

Well...the larvae, anyway...eeeeyuck. Personally, I can't stomach anything we've listed here...lobster, bugs... anything that crawls is safe from being eaten by me. :)

Trilby 03-01-2007 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 319322)
When I win the lottery I am drugging you, like they used to drug Mr T in the A Team, and taking you to the Scilly Isles (just off the UK coastline). We will go to a little restaurant in the morning to tell them we would please like to have loster that evening and they will catch it to order.

And that night we are going to sit down and eat lobster thermidore and you are going to enjoy it. Or you don't get any more drugs.

Sundae, I am totally up for it. You do realize that, conversely, if I win the lotto I'm taking YOU to Key West, Fla. where we'll stop at EVERY BAR on the island INCLUDING Hogsbreath. I'm looking for total dedication to tequila. Or roofies, whatever happens to come by. K?

Sundae 03-01-2007 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 319329)
Sundae, I am totally up for it. You do realize that, conversely, if I win the lotto I'm taking YOU to Key West, Fla. where we'll stop at EVERY BAR on the island INCLUDING Hogsbreath. I'm looking for total dedication to tequila. Or roofies, whatever happens to come by. K?

If there's any justice in the world....
:drool:

paqito 03-01-2007 03:20 PM

mmmhh. I believe that at 20minutos.es there's no difference between pigeon and dove. They probably wrote "paloma", is the correct word in spanish to call that little critter, and it's usually traduced as "dove".
It's very rare to use "pichon", that will be more like "pigeon". They use "pichon" for "baby bird" too.

By the way. I do not believe the chinese tried to control the movement of the muscles, just the orientation sense of the dove is enough. So, they just wanted it to fly north or west, not to control everything.

It has practical aplications, everything that we do to understand the brain is important. And a test of our understanding like that, is a great jump.
And of course it can help control the animals that the military organization of the world ( like the american ) use. Imagine what you can do with a controled dolphin to protect a submarine instalation.

And please, imagine what a totalitarist state can do with that when they move from pigeons to humans... Just imagine.

But what is sad for me is to see the happy face of the chinese guy when he has in his hands a tortured victim of humanity wish for power.

Paqito

Trilby 03-01-2007 03:24 PM

no offense meant paqito--but you are the very last person I would invite to a party...good luck.

Spexxvet 03-01-2007 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 319314)
Why don't we chop a hole in some Chinese person's head, implant a chip, apply some sticky holding substance, so we can see WHAT THE F*** POSSESSES THEM TO DO SUCH STUPID THINGS?

Now, now. If it's bad doing it to a dovgeon, wouldn't it be worse doing it to a human? Just asking. Now, if you suggest supergluing his scrotum to his thigh - well, I have no problem with that. ;) :D

Spexxvet 03-01-2007 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dypok (Post 319321)
I wonder if the missile defense system will pick it up?

I get it. Bird flu, direct infected bird to the US to infect us - brilliant, and diabolical! But then who would buy all those cheaply made Chines consumer goods?

Elspode 03-01-2007 04:18 PM

That sounds like a plan hatched by Dr. Evil...along with the friggin' sharks with friggin' laser beams on their heads.

magilla 03-01-2007 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 319314)
Why don't we chop a hole in some Chinese person's head, implant a chip, apply some sticky holding substance, so we can see WHAT THE F*** POSSESSES THEM TO DO SUCH STUPID THINGS?

Um. You might not feel that way if you had brain damage from a stroke and an implanted chip let you walk again.

Or eat.

Or beathe on your own.

Chris

Shawnee123 03-01-2007 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magilla (Post 319381)
Um. You might not feel that way if you had brain damage from a stroke and an implanted chip let you walk again.

Or eat.

Or beathe on your own.

Chris

Well mother of God...do I have a big old sign that says "be offended by everything Shawnee says today because in some small way it must be directed at you"?

Bite me Magilla. Then I'll stick a chip up your ass and see if it registers what a moron you are....K?

Shawnee123 03-01-2007 04:37 PM

Quote:

Or eat.

Or beathe on your own.

Chris

Did I mention bite me? Ass hat?

Shawnee123 03-01-2007 04:40 PM

Quote:

Or eat.

Or beathe on your own.

Chris

Um, you might not feel that way if they could jump start your mush brain. Um, you don't know me or what I'm about. Um, shut the f*** up. Um, you must have brain damage. Um, I hope you're beathing better. Um, bite me. Um, f*** you. Um...you suck. Um, yes you do.

cashc 03-01-2007 04:46 PM

I think that this will see some sort of practical application in the future..

Now you can attack me.