The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Image of the Day (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   May 12, 2009: Martha Mason (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=20271)

Shawnee123 05-12-2009 09:57 AM

Let's ask: Mods, sock puppet? You don't have to tell us who.

xoxoxoBruce 05-12-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smesa (Post 565008)
you people are amazing. this is a woman who lived a whole interesting and happy life, who kept hope and kept BEING and made more of her life than most people with all the opportunity in the world. most all of you post comments that first of all reveal your complete lack of understanding about what makes life worth living and secondly, look like they have been posted by a bunch of simplistic, hormonal junior high boys. So, just leaving the cellar permanently now. was looking for intelligent comment and conversation. loooking... nope. not here.

Dear Sarah, or Andrew If I'm mistaken, your post makes no sense.
My original post was entirely respectful Ms Mason, followed by one comment. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume your contempt has been accumulating over time, reading the replies to other IOtDs.

Yes, we here in the depths of the Cellar tend to be glib, and maybe sophomoric in our humor (humour). The IOtDs tend to emanate from human foibles and strange behavior that is best viewed without taking them to seriously.

I would humbly suggest in the future, if you visit a website and you don't fit, quit. But don't make yourself look like an ass on the way out.

Shawnee123 05-12-2009 11:23 AM

Anyway, I keep thinking this is about a Neil Simon movie.

aero geek 05-12-2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

...most all of you post comments that first of all reveal your complete lack of understanding about what makes life worth living...

Oh go on tell us great guru, what is it that makes life worth living? We're on pins & needles don't you know..:right:

Pie 05-12-2009 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nytimes
She chose to remain in an iron lung, she often said, for the freedom it gave her. It let her breathe without tubes in her throat, incisions or hospital stays, as newer, smaller ventilators might require. It took no professional training to operate, letting her remain mistress of her own house, with just two aides assisting her.

Iron lungs are very low-tech and can be easily maintained, unlike respirators that require significant ongoing medical involvement.

Uryoces 05-12-2009 04:30 PM

What we choose to laugh at

Quote:

you people are amazing. this is a woman who lived a whole interesting and happy life, who kept hope and kept BEING and made more of her life than most people with all the opportunity in the world. most all of you post comments that first of all reveal your complete lack of understanding about what makes life worth living and secondly, look like they have been posted by a bunch of simplistic, hormonal junior high boys. So, just leaving the cellar permanently now. was looking for intelligent comment and conversation. loooking... nope. not here.

My mother passed away from cancer in 2002. She spent the last 5 years of her life in and out of hospitals, and finally passed away with all of us in attendance. Every once in a while we go on a road trip and visit our great aunt and head up to the cemetery where her ashes are interred. If we want to say "Hi, Mom!", we just add a little water...

My brother said that Mom is somewhere not making apologies for us. She's probably laughing her ass off, too! :D

ham4art 05-12-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 565098)
We'll miss you, and your many wonderful contributions. Unless this account, created on May 12th 2009 (today), was a sock puppet made for the sole purpose of that one post. In which case you're still here (most likely) and don't have the guts to tell us how you feel under your normal username.

This thread has brought out more than one lurker. The above is just damn funny. Probably the truth too. :eek:

xoxoxoBruce 05-12-2009 11:41 PM

Wecome to the Cellar, ham4art. :D

ZenGum 05-13-2009 02:37 AM

Say, Ham4art, have you seen the BACON .... WTF? Thread. With a name like that, I think you might like it.

DanaC 05-13-2009 03:08 AM

The Cellar: there really is something for everyone...

Gravdigr 05-13-2009 06:10 AM

smesa is a big ole dumb head:mock:<---smesa

SPUCK 05-13-2009 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 565324)
The Cellar: there really is something for everyone...

Except smesa the Horse's Ass. :headshake

ZenGum 05-13-2009 06:18 AM

I say we ban Smesa. All he/she ever does is stir the shit, I find that intolerably irritating.

Any seconders?

:p

classicman 05-13-2009 07:54 AM

OH what the heck - ban the smegma!

xoxoxoBruce 05-13-2009 08:35 AM

smesa expressed an opinion, whether you agree with that opinion or not, it was her(his) right to do so. Don't forget that post was moderated and approved by the management. Can we stop throwing stones now? :cool: