The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What Did YOUR Kitty do? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=22117)

Pico and ME 02-19-2010 11:50 AM

Turbo loves to drink water out of a water bottle cap.

SamIam 02-19-2010 12:23 PM

I have a drip in my bathtub that both my cats like to drink from. Aside: Last year my landlord patched some tiles in my bathroom. He noticed the leak and gave me a big lecture about informing him of leaks in the future, so he could come fix them. Then he finished the tile job, packed up his truck and drove off without fixing the leak. I haven't heard from him since, the idiot. :rolleyes:

Katkeeper 02-20-2010 06:48 PM

The usual reason for kitty gas is lactose intolerance. Do you give your cat milk?

jinx 02-20-2010 07:04 PM

Spike gets no milk. The kids are sensitive to it, so we don't even have any.

He eats too much though, and I don't know what to do about it. He is absolutely frantic for food if anyone goes near the kitchen, even if he just ate. If it's been more than 2 hours he's unbearable.
If I feed him as much as he wants he gets belly aches, diarrhea, and farts even more.

Pico and ME 02-20-2010 08:09 PM

This wont help the two hour interval situation, but I divvy up turbos daily allotment into 4 meals. Basically he gets a quarter of a cup of food every 6 hours or so. I started this because he was such a beggar that EVERYBODY fed him when he asked for it assuming that nobody else did. I was worried that he would get too fat. Now, everybody knows the schedule and usually sticks by it.

lumberjim 02-20-2010 09:16 PM

i never feed spike unless jinx asks me to. I just assume he just ate and is working me. also, i don't want him to think i'm the guy that feeds him.

Katkeeper 02-21-2010 06:05 AM

It sounds like a case for the vet. If he is frantic for food, he may have some condition where he is not getting enough of a specific kind of nourishment. The symptoms if he eats too much would be part of it. Some conditions are serious. I would take him.

Trilby 02-21-2010 08:15 AM

I don't give Spiderman milk - she just farts like a baby.

I hope Spike is ok. Have you had him since he was a kitten?

skysidhe 02-21-2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx (Post 636296)
Spike gets no milk. The kids are sensitive to it, so we don't even have any.

He eats too much though, and I don't know what to do about it. He is absolutely frantic for food if anyone goes near the kitchen, even if he just ate. If it's been more than 2 hours he's unbearable.
If I feed him as much as he wants he gets belly aches, diarrhea, and farts even more.

One of my cats is overweight. He too is a bear for food.
Maybe it is because he is young and needs kitten chow?

The diarrhea is concerning. Let us know what the vet says? or maybe a change in food.

My original thought to your post was to tell you about this foraging toy I thought to try out.

It might take a couple of hours to consume a serving?

http://www.amazon.com/MultiVet-SlimC.../dp/B0018CE8LQ

Juniper 02-21-2010 10:48 AM

peed on the floor. what else?

Actually she's been pretty good lately. I figured out the trick (I guess, for now) is putting an old towel on the floor in front of the litterbox. She seems to enjoy that. I collect them in a bucket with a lid and soak/wash them in a batch kind of like babies' cloth diapers. If that's all it takes, I'm OK with it.

I have a cat that farts, too. We actually named her Stink. She's a sweetie, though - black and part Siamese.

RE jinx - maybe try a different kind of food? Have you asked the vet?

Glinda 02-21-2010 11:08 AM

My Spike likes to crawl into big plastic wrappers (like the outer wrapper from a big package of paper towels) and lick the plastic.

When I open the pantry door, he runs in and licks the plastic bags of beans on the lower shelf.

Spike is a dork.

Pico and ME 02-21-2010 11:24 AM

I had a plastic licker too!

Stormieweather 02-21-2010 11:31 AM

Bootsie is asleep on the dining room table. She is almost always asleep on the dining room table. She's waiting for me to do laundry, which I fold on the table, so she can scoot over and lay on the warm clothes. She waits all week for that. Bootsie is very old and doesn't do cute things anymore.

SamIam 02-21-2010 11:32 AM

We are obviously all slaves to the master race, felidae. We give them nutritional food, offer them the shelter of our homes, present them with clever toys and scoop up their shit. In return, they destroy the furniture, fart, knock over plants and commit mayhem in general. Are we all suckers or what? ;)

Katkeeper 02-21-2010 11:41 AM

But they are so cute! And they purr...