The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Quality Images and Videos (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Random Pics (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=1528)

Gravdigr 03-14-2014 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I may have posted this somewhere...apologies, if so.

Attachment 47031

xoxoxoBruce 03-17-2014 10:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This qualifies as random, maybe even off the wall. Anyway, I came across this picture of Queen Mary in 1911. She was pretty hot for a woman in her mid-forties in 1911. Unlike today, they were usually pretty beat up by that age back then. I down suppose she did much housework though. :haha:

Gravdigr 03-23-2014 02:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 47115

orthodoc 03-23-2014 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 894881)
This qualifies as random, maybe even off the wall. Anyway, I came across this picture of Queen Mary in 1911. She was pretty hot for a woman in her mid-forties in 1911. Unlike today, they were usually pretty beat up by that age back then. I down suppose she did much housework though. :haha:

A walking target for an audacious jewel thief.

Yeah, her hands wouldn't need Madge's attention. No dishwashing or floor-scrubbing for her.

xoxoxoBruce 03-24-2014 06:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Some kid wanted to take his girlfriend's picture with the Ukrainian Riot Police. What struck me is the faces of the riot police without visors. They look nothing like the infamous Berkut they replaced after it was disbanded.

orthodoc 03-24-2014 07:35 PM

Wow ... no. These guys are just babies. Vscheh neh vsoh hloh, ivzhe cazhe meni scho robiteh ... phonetically. Roughly translated: 'they want to tell me what to do when they're still wet behind the ears' (the image is of chicks that haven't dried off yet after hatching). I'm sure limey can say it far better.

Gravdigr 04-02-2014 04:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 47209

xoxoxoBruce 04-03-2014 12:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A million people waiting in line...

Gravdigr 04-03-2014 11:34 AM

...for what, a table at Cracker Barrel?

ETA: I just looked it up. Ugh & eww. They're all waiting for their chance to bathe in the Ganges.

No. No, indeed. Hell no.

:headshake

xoxoxoBruce 04-06-2014 07:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
For people who think they're a relic just for show, or for people to try and make laugh, think again. :headshake

This guy argued with the cop, then tried to push his way into the palace.

Gravdigr 04-24-2014 04:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I guess Thomas got on that shit...

Attachment 47466

Gravdigr 05-01-2014 04:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 47539

Umm...why are there holes in electrical plugs? Why do some have them, and some don't?

Srsly.

Happy Monkey 05-01-2014 04:56 PM

Probably so a nice socket can have a little catch there, to make it harder to pull out accidentally.

Spexxvet 05-02-2014 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 898119)
Attachment 47539

Umm...why are there holes in electrical plugs? Why do some have them, and some don't?

Srsly.

FWIW, from http://home.howstuffworks.com/two-fl...plug-holes.htm
Quote:

There are three reasons for the holes:

If you were to take apart an outlet and look at the contact wipers that the prongs slide into, you would find that they have have bumps on them. These bumps fit into the holes so that the outlet can grip the plug's prongs more firmly. This detenting prevents the plug from slipping out of the socket due to the weight of the plug and cord. It also improves the contact between the plug and the outlet.

Electrical devices can be "factory-sealed" or "locked-out" by the manufacturer or owner using a plastic tie or a small padlock that runs through one or both of the prong holes. Construction projects or industrial safety requirements may require this type of sealing. For example, a manufacturer might apply a plastic band through the hole and attach it to a tag that says, "You must do blah blah blah before plugging in this device." The user cannot plug in the device without removing the tag, so the user is sure to see the instructions.

There also is a small savings in raw materials (metal) for the manufacturer of the actual plug prong. Every little bit helps!

Gravdigr 05-02-2014 04:42 PM

Thx Spexx. I hadn't tied the holes to lock-out protocols, and, I've not looked inside the wall socket before, so, ddin't know about the 'bumps'.