The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Quality Images and Videos (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Pictures you didn't take (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=24929)

jimhelm 05-08-2012 01:32 PM

looks like a painting, actually.

glatt 05-08-2012 01:37 PM

Reminds me of Frank Frazetta paintings. Except there's no scantily clad woman.

Gravdigr 05-11-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimhelm (Post 810644)
looks like a painting, actually.

Mensa called, they have an opening...:D

Gravdigr 05-11-2012 01:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Very large version here.

Attachment 38708

Front Row: James Stewart, Margaret Sullavan, Lucille Ball, Hedy Lamarr, Katharine Hepburn, Louis B Mayer, Greer Garson, Irene Dunne, Susan Peters, Ginny Simms, Lionel Barrymore

Second Row: Harry James, Brian Donlevy, Red Skelton, Mickey Rooney, William Powell, Wallace Beery, Spencer Tracy, Walter Pidgeon, Robert Taylor, Pierre Aumont, Lewis Stone, Gene Kelly, Jackie Jenkins

Third Row: Tommy Dorsey, George Murphy, Jean Rogers, James Craig, Donna Reed, Van Johnson, Fay Bainter, Marsha Hunt, Ruth Hussey, Marjorie Main, Robert Benchley

Fourth Row: Dame May Whitty, Reginald Owen, Keenan Wynn, Diana Lewis, Marilyn Maxwell, Esther Williams, Ann Richards, Marta Linden, Lee Bowman, Richard Carlson, Mary Astor

Fifth Row: Blanche Ring, Sara Haden, Fay Holden, Bert Lahr, Frances Gifford, June Allyson, Richard Whorf, Frances Rafferty, Spring Byington, Connie Gilchrist, Gladys Cooper

Sixth Row: Ben Blue, Chill Wills, Keye Luke, Barry Nelson, Desi Arnaz, Henry O’Neill, Bob Crosby, Rags Ragland

infinite monkey 05-11-2012 01:29 PM

Totally cool! I haven't heard the name Chill Wills in years.

glatt 05-11-2012 01:30 PM

Desi Arnaz in the far back row, while Lucy is in the front. I wonder if they were married yet.

infinite monkey 05-11-2012 01:34 PM

I don't know. There's no date anywhere, is there?

Ricky Ricardo: Lucy's actin' crazy.
Fred Mertz: Crazy for Lucy, or crazy for ordinary people?

Gravdigr 05-11-2012 01:35 PM

Gravdigr 05-11-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 811159)
Desi Arnaz in the far back row, while Lucy is in the front. I wonder if they were married yet.

Separated maybe?

Wikipedia:

Quote:

In 1940, Ball met Cuban-born bandleader Desi Arnaz while filming the Rodgers and Hart stage hit Too Many Girls. When they met again on the second day, the two connected immediately and eloped the same year. Arnaz was drafted to the United States Army in 1942. He ended up being classified for limited service due to a knee injury. As a result, Arnaz stayed in Los Angeles, organizing and performing USO shows for wounded GIs being brought back from the Pacific. That same year, Ball appeared opposite Henry Fonda in The Big Street, in which she plays a paralyzed nightclub singer and Fonda portrays a busboy who idolizes her. The following year Ball appeared in DuBarry Was a Lady, a film for which the natural brunette first had her hair dyed the flaming red that would be her screen trademark.

Ball filed for a divorce in 1944. Shortly after Ball obtained an interlocutory decree of divorce, however, she reconciled with Arnaz.

infinite monkey 05-11-2012 01:46 PM

(couldn't resist...hahahahha!)

Gravdigr 05-11-2012 02:19 PM

Ah, the fond memories I have of rubbing one many out while Toni Basil bounced around my tv singing "Mickey".

:rolleyes:

infinite monkey 05-11-2012 02:36 PM

Ha!

When my old friend used to come into the eagles, I'd always sing: Oh Nicky you're so fine you're so fine you blow my mind hey Nicky! Hey Nicky!

Clodfobble 05-11-2012 06:14 PM

This is what I always think of when I hear the name Nick (it's just audio, and you have skip to 4:05 because I've never learned how to use the t= thing to start it late):

Nicholas! You are the strongest boy in the world!

classicman 05-11-2012 07:57 PM

@clod.
1) Pause the video where you want it to begin.
2) right click on the video and select "Copy video URL at current time"
3) past that part after the "="
Voila!

jimhelm 05-11-2012 08:31 PM

I copy the code as usual, but then ....

Code&start=90

Where 90 is how many seconds you want it to begin at.

And end youtube bracket. Lower case, no spaces.

(yootoob)123456&start=90(youtoob)