The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Creative Expression (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   What did you make today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=22987)

BigV 11-30-2012 12:24 PM

Yes, oh, I'm sorry dear voiceactor. I know, maybe the creator is deaf.

BigV 11-30-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orthodoc (Post 840990)
I. Am. Impressed.
Also impressed by the woodcraft and lore so many Dwellars have up their sleeves. Just ran across this thread. Also love the juxtaposition of the archery and wood topics with the baking and handcrafting posts. Maybe I'll try to get some pics of my loom and spinning wheel to post. Sort of on hiatus right now, though.

I love the posts about identifying and working with wood. My father taught me a little but I haven't had the opportunity to do anything myself - mostly buy him fine woodworking books and enjoy what he makes.

Please do this. I would love to Be. Impressed.

:)

Clodfobble 11-30-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 841034)
Yes, oh, I'm sorry dear voiceactor. I know, maybe the creator is deaf.

Are you being serious, do you know the person who made the video? I know you're tied in to the deaf community... Sorry if I offended.

footfootfoot 11-30-2012 01:54 PM

A birthday cake, d'uh.

RE V's link

Lajos Kassai is my hero. I'd love to move to Hungary and live there and study. I think I posted a link of him in super slow motion.

The red headed Russian gal is equally astounding. I showed her video to the older home school girls who were taking a bow making class with me.

BigV 11-30-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 841043)
Are you being serious, do you know the person who made the video? I know you're tied in to the deaf community... Sorry if I offended.

nononnoonononno

shit. I spoke very poorly, ambiguously. I'm sorry. I meant, "Yeah, I know! Computer voice?! What a dumb choice."

then, a separate thought, but mashedrightthehellinthere

"Wait, maaaaybe the video poster was deaf, and used the computer text to speech to narrate his video."

really poor articulation of my thoughts. No offense meant, none taken, but I'm a little embarrassed by my poor communication.

footfootfoot 11-30-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 841047)
nononnoonononno

shit. I spoke very poorly, ambiguously. I'm sorry. I meant, "Yeah, I know! Computer voice?! What a dumb choice."

then, a separate thought, but mashedrightthehellinthere

"Wait, maaaaybe the video poster was deaf, and used the computer text to speech to narrate his video."

really poor articulation of my thoughts. No offense meant, none taken, but I'm a little embarrassed by my poor communication.

goddamned cheap whiskey! Those Fusel oils are wrecking my brain.

Griff 11-30-2012 04:17 PM

Great thread resurrection.

orthodoc 11-30-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 841035)
Please do this. I would love to Be. Impressed.

:)

It's not impressive, not a floor loom - that's for my fantasy future house, in front of the window. That energy-efficient small maybe log house with a woodstove that I have in my mind's eye. Anyway - for now my favorite thing is weaving blankets, and on my current loom they're lap blankets/sofa throws. I'd like to get into bigger stuff. Placemats etc. bore me to tears.

So, it may not Be. Impressive. But I'll try, after this week or two go by. :)

Big Sarge 12-01-2012 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orthodoc (Post 841087)
It's not impressive, not a floor loom - that's for my fantasy future house, in front of the window. That energy-efficient small maybe log house with a woodstove that I have in my mind's eye. Anyway - for now my favorite thing is weaving blankets, and on my current loom they're lap blankets/sofa throws. I'd like to get into bigger stuff. Placemats etc. bore me to tears.

So, it may not Be. Impressive. But I'll try, after this week or two go by. :)

I share a similar dream of living off grid in a beautiful mountain valley. It would be a small ranch, self-sustainable. Oh to be able to sit on the porch and smoke a fine cigar while I feed the deer and elk

footfootfoot 12-01-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Sarge (Post 841200)
I share a similar dream of living off grid in a beautiful mountain valley. It would be a small ranch, self-sustainable. Oh to be able to sit on the porch and smoke a fine cigar while I feed on deer and elk

limey 12-21-2012 03:06 AM

Not today, but last Tuesday and Wednesday and, by Christmas, on eight other occasions in this increasingly festive time ....
In the Bleak Midwinter
We wish you a Merry Christmas:santa:
and so on.
I'm playing tuba :tuba:. Mr Limey is playing cornet, and we are ably assisted by two chums (another cornet and a trombone player).

orthodoc 12-22-2012 12:14 PM

Lovely! Wish I could listen ... haven't heard In the Bleak Midwinter in ages.
Don't forget the mulled wine/wassail/glog!

footfootfoot 12-22-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orthodoc (Post 844877)
Lovely! Wish I could listen ... haven't heard In the Bleak Midwinter in ages.
Don't forget the mulled wine/wassail/glog!

Just click on the links, or are you reading this on your iphone while you are at a concert or something?

orthodoc 12-22-2012 04:12 PM

:facepalm: No such luck ... lying around drifting in and out of naps and not firing on all cylinders, is all ...

Sounds beautiful, Limey!

footfootfoot 12-22-2012 04:15 PM

Naps are the best, I love that feeling of drifting in and out of dreams and sleep.