The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Politics of a Health Crisis (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=34967)

sexobon 04-21-2020 07:55 PM

That's what all the dementia folks say.

How are things there at the home? Getting enough to eat, good healthcare, are they keeping you safe?

xoxoxoBruce 04-21-2020 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw (Post 1051347)
The Don's sidekick (VP Pence) today lied plenty of test kits are available.

I don't think he lied, he just misspoke because he has no idea what's going on, not a clue.

tw 04-22-2020 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 1051357)
I don't think he lied, he just misspoke because he has no idea what's going on, not a clue.

Another likely possibility.

But others must always assume that one, who does not say why with perspective, is lying. Any educated person must assume that every time Sen Inhofe of Oklahoma denies global warming. He never knows why. He never provides numbers. He knows only because he feels. That is a classic example of an adult who thinks like a child. So others can only conclude he is lying.

Griff 04-22-2020 08:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)

BigV 04-22-2020 11:19 AM

Me too. Make a little room, willya? Six feet oughta be good.

Urbane Guerrilla 04-22-2020 11:35 AM

tw: No.

Stop trusting the talking points of the not-so-Democrats; it will help you avoid political sluttishness that will lead you to the slaves' fetters. I have distrusted them for years.

You do not display the wit to listen to Republicans, let alone Hannity, Elder, or Levin. I am more intelligent than you are.

Happy Monkey 04-22-2020 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 1051357)

Saying something is true when you don't know whether it's true or not is also lying.

Saying something is true when you don't care whether it's true or not is bullshitting.

Both can be done simultaneously.

Urbane Guerrilla 04-22-2020 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw (Post 1051347)
Yes he did - in the White House press room. And repeatedly. How quickly his brainwashed supporters forget . . .

That has been rated 4 Pinocchios by the Washington Post, no less. You are busted. Boy are you busted.:dunce:

And the only thing they wreck seems to be your mood. I must say, it's easy to do.
:rolleyes:

BigV 04-22-2020 04:27 PM

Hi UG

Trump didn't say those words, exactly. He definitely implied it (listen for the emotional impact).

Protip, you might not want to spend too much time around the Washington Post's Fact Checker. All those pointy Pinocchios could prove dangerous to your particular bubble.

Urbane Guerrilla 04-24-2020 07:44 PM

Neat trick, when I haven't a bubble.

I also haven't a prejudice.

I do work up an abiding dislike for the anti-civil liberties, anticapitalist, and anti-American machinations of a large minority of the American population and their Representatives in Congress. The Annoying Orange has set these latter at their proper valuation, which is considerably smaller than they claim.

Having this dislike, brought on by memory, I urge everyone to vote against 'em.

BigV 04-24-2020 08:53 PM

Because you value your brain (and the sound of your own voice, God love 'em) So. Much. More. Than ours, say what you mean again for us mortals, please. Small words are good ;short sentences are better.

Griff 04-25-2020 08:14 AM

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...ed-confiscated

This health crisis has spawned quite a crime spree. I guess when you elect the mobs front you get the mob, who knew?

sexobon 04-25-2020 11:24 AM

The mayors and governors hold the President and federal government responsible for providing PPE. Then they complain if the feds appropriate PPE that cities and states have sourced themselves.

With responsibility goes commensurate authority. The mayors and governors relinquished their authority over appropriations when they deflected responsibility to the federal government.

BigV 04-25-2020 11:30 AM

By that logic, the federal government is now responsible for the care and result. But that's not happening, is it? It seems like they only want the authority and not the responsibility.

sexobon 04-25-2020 11:49 AM

That's what the cities and states bargained for when they deflected responsibilities. The federal government gets to pick and choose which responsibilities it wants to accept while getting all of the abdicated authority. Its under no obligation to please all of the people all of the time. It's good to be the Fed.