The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Be a post whore! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13909)

Lamplighter 10-15-2011 10:17 AM

Can't ignore when a person is feeling so terrible.
I hope today brings something better, and tomorrow, and ...
Hang in with us.

Aliantha 10-15-2011 06:25 PM

I'm starting to wonder if there's something going seriously wrong with my brain. I don't seem to be able to connect ideas like I used to, and my memory is teh shizit. I have no patience and I'm just all in all, someone who is likely to let you down without even realizing I've done it simply because I forgot what I told you I was going to do.

I was putting it down to going off (or even being on) zoloft and the whole depression thing, but I just don't feel like i can get back to where I used to be.

Anyone got any ideas?

Aliantha 10-16-2011 02:16 AM

Well you lot are no help. This post has been up for over 8 hours and not one single idea! :(

Lamplighter 10-16-2011 02:31 AM

Sorry Ali, but I haven't got a clue.
I know from other kinds of meds, the body systems can give of some strange signals.
Sleep might help and I hope you get relief right away... like tomorrow morning.

footfootfoot 10-16-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 764085)
I'm starting to wonder if there's something going seriously wrong with my brain. I don't seem to be able to connect ideas like I used to, and my memory is teh shizit. I have no patience and I'm just all in all, someone who is likely to let you down without even realizing I've done it simply because I forgot what I told you I was going to do.

I was putting it down to going off (or even being on) zoloft and the whole depression thing, but I just don't feel like i can get back to where I used to be.

Anyone got any ideas?

Poor sleep, Zoloft, Lyme disease, children, husbnands.

Not in any particular order.

classicman 10-16-2011 11:52 AM

Sorry Ali. I've got no clue.

Sundae 10-16-2011 02:29 PM

No ideas for you, chick.
Just sympathy.

DanaC 10-16-2011 02:50 PM

I have - and I think this is the correct medical term - a hurty elbow.

Owww! Just fucking, owww!

It isn't even my *bad* elbow. No. Apparently, to go along with the tennis elbow in my right elbow, I now have 'students elbow' in the left.

So, anyway. To cheer myself up I did a jacket potato in the microwave, with loads of butter, grated cheddar cheese, finely chopped spring onions and even more finely chopped birds eye chilli.

It was deelish. I am cheered.

Sundae 10-16-2011 03:13 PM

My hurties come from bashing myself about.
Which is worrying in its own way, but at least I know I bruise and recover.

I nresponse to your food post, I have lots & spots of yummy things to eat this week!
Nothing spesh, but I shopped with an eye for lunch, which I haven't done for a couple of weeks.
Rolls in the freezer, sliced chicken and corned beef from the Deli counter (you can buy smaller amounts from there) a lickle cheese (as previously) and tinned salmon.

AND I have some bolognaise in the fridge - soya - and a whole roast dinner (made my Mum)

Making out like a Queen this week.

DanaC 10-16-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 764218)

AND I have some bolognaise in the fridge - soya - and a whole roast dinner (made my Mum)

Wow. She finally push you over the edge then hon? :p

(*grins* sorry. Not being a typo nazi, just found it funny)

Aliantha 10-16-2011 05:41 PM

Definitely having bad sleep lately. Not sure why. Probably my body missing the drugs. Haven't taken any for 2 months now though, so I kinda thought that would be over with by now.

I'd put it down to having too many things going on and stuff, but I don't even really have a job that uses my brain, and everyone's got kids and spouses and they're not turning into doofusses are they?

You know, about the only thing I really DO remember, is what it used to feel like when my brain worked properly.

Sundae, I'm not sorry about ur Mum. ;)

Dana, I'm not sorry about ur elbow. :D

ZenGum 10-16-2011 06:47 PM

Dana, are you doing a lot of work with a mouse? Those things have crippled several of my friends.

(That sounds so bloody wimpy, doesn't it? :lol:)

classicman 10-16-2011 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 764233)
everyone's got kids and spouses and they're not turning into doofusses are they?

I am. I have to remember so much for others that my stuff is constantly getting lost/forgotten.

I need a MUCH BETTER system than the lack of one I have now.

DanaC 10-17-2011 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 764250)
Dana, are you doing a lot of work with a mouse? Those things have crippled several of my friends.

(That sounds so bloody wimpy, doesn't it? :lol:)

Ha!

I am but that's not what's done my left elbow in... no doubt it's been a contributary factor in the right elbow...

Apparently they call it 'student elbow' because aside from impact injury its more common cause is leaning on the point of the elbow.

infinite monkey 10-17-2011 07:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I swear by my trackball mouse. You don't have to move your arm around. I start having pain in my wrist using a regular mouse, due to the compound fracture I had a few years ago.

I bought one for work and home, and if I have to use someone else's computer the slidey mouse drives me bonkers.

Of course, it's fun to watch someone try to use my computer. They try to move the base of the mouse around.