The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Be a post whore! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13909)

sweetwater 09-17-2008 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 484454)
As a laydee, let me tell you that sitting on a bidet the wrong way round is a far more rewarding way to spend your time.

GMTA! ;)

glatt 09-24-2008 01:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was just out getting a card for our anniversary tomorrow (15 years!) and noticed a sign in the store that October 18 is "Sweetest Day." So I'm posting here just to remind you that you still have around 3 weeks to get your cards and candy for your sweety. Don't wait until the last minute, because the Sweetest Day card selection isn't very big.

Shawnee123 09-24-2008 01:19 PM

A Hallmark holiday, for sure. But my mom always thinks of me, and that makes me feel good. It's a nice thing when your spouse or significant other thinks of you, so I'm all for Sweetest Day.

Happy Anniversary, Mr and Mrs glatt! :) Will you do the "crystal" anniversary thing?

glatt 09-24-2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 486562)
Will you do the "crystal" anniversary thing?

Is that a euphemism? I'm not up on all the kids' slang.

classicman 09-24-2008 01:36 PM

Try this
Not that I believe in any of it, but ya never know whats going on in the mind of a woman.

Shawnee123 09-24-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 486564)
Is that a euphemism? I'm not up on all the kids' slang.

"You kids today with your loud music and your Dan Fogelberg, your Zima, hula hoops and Pac-Man video games!"

glatt 09-24-2008 02:05 PM

Yeah, I'd heard of those traditions. I was just kidding. You know, are me and the missus going to try the "crystal thing." Nudge, nudge, wink wink.

Seriously though, this year we planned that to celebrate, I was taking the day off and we'd do something together like go out into the country to pick apples and hit a couple vineyards. But it looks like it will rain, so maybe we'll catch a movie or hit some museums. Have a nice meal at home with the kids for dinner.

I bought a tv last week and we kind of decided that was my present, even though the whole family will be using it, and so I bought her some jewelry for her present. The tv cost a lot more though. And it's got liquid crystals, so I guess it counts.

Friday night we'll have a babysitter and we're going out to a very nice restaurant.

Shawnee123 09-24-2008 02:32 PM

Sounds great! :)

BigV 09-24-2008 04:29 PM

stage 5 of 5

50%

Cloud 09-24-2008 04:41 PM

Zima. omfg!

Clodfobble 09-24-2008 05:52 PM

Congrats, glatt! 15 is an awesome milestone.

glatt 09-24-2008 07:49 PM

Thanks! We're pretty pleased with it too.

But all plans are off for tomorrow. Little glatt came home from school with a 103 fever, so he'll almost certainly be home from school tomorrow and that blocks all plans. So we'll shoot for Friday instead. Weather should be better then too so it's probably for the best. Also, the jewelry I ordered that was supposed to arrive yesterday but didn't ship out until today will show up at my work tomorrow, so it's better that I'm there to receive it.

classicman 09-24-2008 10:37 PM

Great for both of you - things seem to work out in the end, don't they?

Shawnee123 09-25-2008 08:43 AM

Post Ho
Politico

Meaning: where's all the chatter about McCain "suspending" his campaign? WTF?

I figured there'd be a huge fight, er...discussion regarding this seemingly bad decision.

Cloud 09-25-2008 08:50 AM

wow. like clockwork.

as soon as it gets the tiniest bit cold at night, my carpal tunnel acts up and my hands and arms go painfully numb.

time to get out the braces. :(

sweetwater 09-26-2008 07:12 PM

I had never heard of Stanislav Petrov before I saw this link posted elsewhere on the 'net. Good to know such beings exist, isn't it?

monster 09-26-2008 10:59 PM

Elmo is so much better than Sarah Brightman.

sweetwater 09-27-2008 08:31 AM

My suggestion: if companies and their managers and execs need our "bailout" dollars to stay afloat, then we should insist that every company and every manager and exec be treated to a thorough IRS audit.

Cloud 09-28-2008 04:41 PM

Do not--I repeat--do NOT buy or imbibe Sam Adams' Cherry Wheat beer. Unless you just luuuuuv the taste of cough syrup.

Filing this under the What Was I Thinking department.

Cloud 09-28-2008 06:49 PM

indeedy doody

BigV 09-30-2008 06:25 PM

If I give you a thousand of my posts, will you shut up?

Cloud 09-30-2008 06:30 PM

excuse me?

lumberjim 09-30-2008 07:00 PM

he was talkin to the newb

Cloud 09-30-2008 07:06 PM

oh. would have worked if he offered a thousand dollars (smirk)

ZenGum 09-30-2008 09:26 PM

So you're a non-post whore then, eh?

Wrong thread for you then!

;)

ZenGum 10-03-2008 07:40 AM

I am chronologically challenged.

Here I am, looking for some cellar action ... and all the Americans are either still in bed or just arriving at work. It's 10 pm here. Someone post something, will ya?

sweetwater 10-03-2008 07:49 AM

I came here to post something, but got sidetracked by all the threads and comments and no longer recall what it was I wanted to say.

That's probably a good thing. :)

ZenGum 10-03-2008 07:51 AM

Hi Sweetwater
Are you still in Japan? Or are you home now?
How is/was it?

Sundae 10-03-2008 07:55 AM

I've just bought three different lunches.
Idiot.

All are healthy, all were discounted. But pure greed had me thinking, Oh I'll have that! Oh, I'll have that! Oh, that will go with that!

So I'll have to have one for tea tonight before I leave - which might be late, so I can get some Cellar time, depends how tired I am - and come in tomorrow for another one.

And no, none of it could be frozen. But it is all nom nom nom worthy.

sweetwater 10-03-2008 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 489370)
Hi Sweetwater
Are you still in Japan? Or are you home now?
How is/was it?

I wish I was still there. Had a great send-off the day we left: a 4.9 - 5.1 earthquake while we were still in our 14th floor hotel room. Rock'n'roll! I'll be reposting some stories to MySpace and can PM you the link when I get it done, if you wish. But yeah, I loved it and would move there right now if not for our pets here and the lack of good pizza there.

Trilby 10-03-2008 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 489367)
I am chronologically challenged.

Here I am, looking for some cellar action ... and all the Americans are either still in bed or just arriving at work. It's 10 pm here. Someone post something, will ya?

Well...everyone is kinda tired from the big orgy. Were you there?

ZenGum 10-03-2008 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 489382)
Well...everyone is kinda tired from the big orgy. Were you there?

What, you don't remember me????:p

Trilby 10-03-2008 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 489385)
What, you don't remember me????:p

were you the guy whispering all those sweet cromulent things in my ear?

:D

ZenGum 10-03-2008 08:11 AM

Why don't ya come back in there and find out, sugar-pie?

Sundae 10-03-2008 09:38 AM

Bought my bro two presents for his birthday. Ordered one ?five? weeks ago because it struck me as really cool. Ordered another on payday because I knew I had the money and had to get him something while I did (birthday on 13th, will have no money by then!)

I didn't exactly forget I'd ordered him something else, but it was sorta buried in my mind.

Both arrived today. One I ordered in giftwrap, so I'm not going to open the box because I won't even be able to see the present. I'll just leave it sealed and put my own address label on it.

The other... Well I knew it wasn't gift wrapped, because it wasn't offered as an option. And it took my completely by surprise when it arrived (outsize parcels come separately to normal post). So I opened it, to see if I liked it. I do. I really do.

Now bearing in mind I shouldn't really have ordered him two presents. And bearing in mind the second (wrapped) present is more suitable. And the first was paid for on the company credit card, which I have now been invoiced for and paid off (making returns a hassle)....

Okay, yes. I want to keep the first present I ordered. It's an umbrella with LED inserts. I thought it was SO cool when I saw it, I couldn't resist ordering it for Stevo. But in the mean time I remembered he isn't really an umbrella person. And the one he has is an ickle one he can fit into a voluminous coat pocket. And he's not as flamboyant as me.

Am I just being selfish because I have seen a sparkly treat and covet it? Or am genuinely worried that my gift might not hit the mark?

Trilby 10-03-2008 09:40 AM

Keep it, Sundae. If he's not an umbrella person he will never understand it's beauty the way you do. No guilt---just umbrella love (a love hardly understood, but universally embraced when the rain storm hits)

Cicero 10-03-2008 11:04 AM

Besides, if you meet a guy you like you can program your display to show offf your phone number! ;)

One of my friends actually did this with an LED belt he had at a club. But he was a dufus.

Sundae 10-03-2008 11:06 AM

Ah it only has two settings, shine and twinkle [it wasn't that expensive].
But with the winter coming I am soooooooo tempted to keep it.

I'm a shining and twinkling kinda gal

Cicero 10-03-2008 11:09 AM

It's also a safety feature. It's practical..You have to keep it.
:)

ZenGum 10-04-2008 04:54 AM

If you give him two presents, he will fill bad about not having given you two for your last birthday.

Spare him the embarrassment. Keep the brolly.

"Philosophy is for giving us good reasons for doing what we already wanted to do." Betrand Russell.

xoxoxoBruce 10-04-2008 08:39 AM

Christmas isn't that far off.

Sundae 10-05-2008 06:15 AM

Quite right.
I used it today and felt overwhelmingly guilty.
I would not intentionally have spent that amount of money on myself in my current situation (I was a little more settled when I paid for it).

I'm going to save it for Christmas.
Not even sure who to give it to - probably my bro after all - he and I are the only real walkers in the family.

Well, my niece is too, but I spoiled her for her birthday, and anyway you never know with young teens - something I see as standing out from the crowd in a great way might just be shameful to her.

I think I did want someone to tell me not to keep it for myself.

xoxoxoBruce 10-05-2008 10:38 AM

You used it? Got to keep it now. Can't be giving used gifts... until they become antiques.;)

Sundae 10-05-2008 10:48 AM

Nah - I kept the tag on because I was uneasy in my mind. And it's an umbrella, not a bottle of wine, it doesn't get used up.
I'll give it a quick once-over (10 minutes in the rain) then repackage it.

I might even let Stevo know I gave it a test drive a couple of months after :)

Cloud 10-05-2008 11:22 AM

ooooh. it's so nice to be alone in my apartment on a sunday--nothing to do, no place to go. naked. quiet. kitties. sunrise on the tv, wafting of air, cloudy and sprinkly. no cares.

Sundae 10-05-2008 11:33 AM

I had that yesterday (mostly)
Today I had to limp to the supermarket in the rain to buy a gluten free cake for a colleague's birthday tomorrow.

Still, it was wonderful to wake up at 08.15 and know I could sleep in as late as I wanted (I usually leave the house at 09.30)

Sadly, my remarkable heartburn made staying in bed uncomfortable.
But at least I bought some antacids at the shop, and will have them ready tomorrow morning!

And I do have 17 days off to organise before March next year. I see soem sleepy days ahead in me new house (working Mum and school age boy)

Cicero 10-06-2008 12:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Heh. "The Onion" is making me laugh despite myself. :D lol'z!! It appears that I am doomed to repeat history...

I got this letter in my e-mail followed by this link:
Attachment 19708

http://www.theonion.com/content/index

Shawnee123 10-06-2008 01:12 PM

That is awesome, Cic. It won't let me copy/paste but there are so many funnies in there I wish I could. These leapt out at me:

40,000 Pounds of Slave have been loft at sea.

And in the Twenty Top-Most Books in Print:

The Thoufands Upon Thoufands of The Mohicans.

:lol:

sweetwater 10-07-2008 11:10 AM

Most users ever online was 1,719, 09-30-2007 at 10:10 AM.

I occupy idle minutes of my day wondering what inspired 1,719 Cellar users to be online on that date and time. I should get back to work on my perpetual motion machine, shouldn't I? :rolleyes:

glatt 10-07-2008 11:29 AM

If I recall correctly, the Foam Test IotD saw the most users at any time on the Cellar.

Cloud 10-11-2008 03:44 PM

When costumes go wrong

OMG. This made me laugh! Be sure to scroll down to find out what teh kittehs really think.

http://www.who-sucks.com/animals/jap...mare-come-true

Treasenuak 10-11-2008 06:00 PM

-falls off the desk chair laughing- OMFG!!!! First off... Hello Kitty costumes for cats. No, I take that back... first off, COSTUMES for cats. You will be eviscerated. Secondly... Hello Kitty? Um, HELLO!! it's already a kitty. And thirdly... you will be eviscerated (especially going by the looks on some of those cats' faces!)

Pico and ME 10-11-2008 06:40 PM

:biglaugha

Stop!!! I’m a dog!!

Cicero 10-11-2008 06:59 PM

So. Who is treasenauk, what does the anagram spell, and why haven't I seen "the lj quiz"?.....I'm just confused.

;)
Hi Treasenauk! Welcome.

Cloud 10-11-2008 07:13 PM

oooh, I had to look up that "foam test" thing. funny!

Treasenuak 10-11-2008 07:39 PM

Thanks for the welcome, Cicero! Treasenuak is... HAH! Too complicated for mere mortals to comprehend! :D Nah... I'm separated (getting a divorce), single mother, and into all kinds of kink. For details or further information, ask ;)

Cloud 10-11-2008 08:02 PM

kink, yay!

ZenGum 10-11-2008 08:22 PM

Hello Kitty is a force of evil. It must be stopped.

It has already infiltrated every aspect of life in Japan, with over 20,000 different HK branded items available... pencil cases, toasters, vehicle exhaust pipe tips, sewing machines, even (now sadly discontinued) a vibrator.

The End Times are nigh.

Cicero 10-12-2008 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treasenuak (Post 492575)
Thanks for the welcome, Cicero! Treasenuak is... HAH! Too complicated for mere mortals to comprehend! :D Nah... I'm separated (getting a divorce), single mother, and into all kinds of kink. For details or further information, ask ;)

I already asked for the information...now just gimme.
I'm a big girl and can handle it.
:D