The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you a tad apprehensive today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23666)

monster 02-24-2015 07:59 PM

Glatt, you are a most excellent person :)

xoxoxoBruce 02-24-2015 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 922468)
His 2012 taxes were fairly neat, in their own big envelope. But his 2013 taxes were just in a box amongst a bunch of other clutter. His 2014 tax documents were just in a jumble of papers on his couch.

Typical pattern, it doesn't take long for that fuck it attitude to creep in like an invasive species, when you never call or come to visit. tsk tsk ;)

I'm with Digr, don't think he's there yet.
My Aunt got to her early 90's and still driving a little. Drug store, grocery store, Doctors and the "Senior Center". All in town and close with very little traffic, except the doctor in the next town. I'd had occasion to watch her drive when she didn't know it and she was extremely cautious because she knew even a minor fender bender and it would be over.

One day her doctor asked if she had trouble driving to his office and she said yes because there was one odd shaped intersection where people are less predictable. Ten days later she gets a letter from the state to turn her license in. The Doctor had send in a form to the state. She didn't even know where to begin so my brother, who is her estate exec and has power of attorney had to intercede but it took him several weeks and a couple of afternoons camped at the Doctors office. It's a nightmare in areas with no public transportation. And all the solutions I've heard proposed sound like what we're seeing in elementary schools. :(

classicman 02-25-2015 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 922497)
Glatt, you are a most excellent person :)

This.

glatt 02-25-2015 08:45 PM

Thanks guys.

He called me today because he remembered that he filed his 2013 return electronically, and it was on his computer. That's why the papers I found were so disorganized. So his memory has problems, but he's doing his best.

xoxoxoBruce 02-26-2015 01:41 AM

It took him awhile to remember he filed electronically a year ago?
Christ, I can't remember what I had for breakfast.. or if I did.

He's faking it. He knows you're plotting against him. So he'll light a bag of shit on your doorstep, ring the bell and run. But then have a plausible alibi.

You'll see, when you least expect it

Gravdigr 02-26-2015 04:01 PM

1. I hope I live to be 75.

2. If I do, I hope can remember my name, to hell with last year's taxes.

classicman 02-27-2015 09:46 PM

^WHS ...

Clodfobble 12-09-2015 12:21 PM

I really need to receive an email in the next three days. It can be from either one of two people, I don't care. Both would be better, but one is enough. They have both indirectly promised said email to me. But I can't bug either one of them about it, because 1.) it would strain the bounds of politeness to pressure them again, and 2.) they were told by someone else that their official official deadline-of-last-resort is the 18th.

But it would be super helpful if I had it by the end of this week, and a big gamble for me if I don't have it. Pray to the email gods that it be delivered swiftly.