The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Quest (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=9890)

Sheldonrs 03-05-2014 12:50 PM

Everything I have two of is crossed. OUCH!!!! :eek:

xoxoxoBruce 03-05-2014 12:58 PM

There is the possibility the recruiter/contact was assigned the task of finding someone for that position with the disclaimers, no hurry, when you can find time, after you fill those critical spots. So getting all the people to sign off on it is more difficult without being able to nudge them with the authority of priority. :ipray:

glatt 03-05-2014 01:00 PM

Yeah, this is a reflection on them, not on you. But it still sucks when you are the one who is waiting.

DanaC 03-06-2014 09:23 AM

If they don't now give you the post, I think you are legally entitled to firebomb their office.

BigV 03-06-2014 09:55 AM

Ooooowch.

Perhaps I will fart in their general direction.

However, I think today is the day I'll hear, and I think I'll be made an offer. Hope springs eternal.

Sheldonrs 03-06-2014 10:12 AM

Well hurry up and get the job, dammit! My nuts are turning blue!!!

:D

BigV 03-06-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheldonrs (Post 894062)
Well hurry up and get the job, dammit! My nuts are turning blue!!!

:D

I would if I could...

Meanwhile, you well know, I'm sure, that blue balls, however frequent, are merely temporary.

BigV 03-06-2014 08:04 PM

Complete radio (and every other kind) silence from the company and their representatives today.

Such a sad waste of optimism on my part.

monster 03-06-2014 10:51 PM

Devil's Advocate: What possible reason could there be for this delay? If they were waiting for some background check, wouldn't they say so, blame another party?

Is it possible they offered the job to someone else and are keeping you hanging on in case that doesn't work out -they turn it down or fail the drug test?

Let it go, move on, and then if you do get the offer, you'll be in a better emotional place to start the negotiation process you seem set on.

But what do I know.

glatt 03-07-2014 08:09 AM

Another possibility is that the incompetent upper management there is afraid to make a decision about taking on another employee. That's how the management at my firm is behaving, and it's also in all the newspapers that it's going on all across the country.

Maybe it's just a matter of waiting for management to make the decision to go ahead and fill the position.

I'm fairly down on business management these days. They are sitting on all sorts of cash and not hiring.

BigV 03-07-2014 08:57 AM

You know a lot monster. That's a good approach.

I still think they liked me, companies don't go through the hiring hassle (minus the hiring) for entertainment. I think they intend to hire; maybe, hopefully me.

The aggravating part was to be told I'd hear "EOB", then crickets. That's preventable in all regular scenarios. Just send a note, "hey, still waiting on xyz, haven't forgotten you". Not so tough.

Thanks to all for your concern, I appreciate it and you. :-)

orthodoc 03-08-2014 01:02 AM

V, I'm sorry they're screwing you around. It's something to consider, should they come up with an offer ... maybe it's good to be aware that they operate this way.

In the meantime, I concur with monster.

BigV 11-20-2014 10:32 AM

**bump**

I don't even fucking remember what that last interview was about, but since they (still) haven't offered me a job, I guess having moved on is OK.

In more recent news, I start my new job tomorrow at ten o'clock last week.

Yup, I have a job. (I started this post a little while ago, but was distracted/exhausted and didn't return to it until now.)

Juuuuust giving you all a moment for that to sink in.

Ok, time's up. The story on this one is kinda weird. Or not, maybe it's a normal story and my experience, or lack thereof makes me unequipped to reconcile the events that have led up to this point.

A couple weeks ago, I took my car into Jiffy Lube to get the oil changed. I could change it, sure, but it was raining and I'd have to buy the oil and the filter and blah blah blah. I decided to just treat myself to letting someone else do the work this time.

I keep meaning to update this thread and find myself either too tired after work to do so, or too rushed in the morning to do so. Fine. Some update is better than none. More details to follow, assuming I'm not too distracted/rushed after work.

"After work", I like the sound of that. :)

DanaC 11-20-2014 10:52 AM

Great news V!

glatt 11-20-2014 10:56 AM

Congratualtions!