The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Quality Images and Videos (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Post Your Pet (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=10921)

DanaC 01-11-2007 02:12 AM

rkzenrage, have you tried keeping some areas of the house off limits to him? That way you can have a clear idea of where the risk is likely to be, of slipping and take extra care in that area;p alternatively, could you possibly ensure that everywhere is carpetted? that way the floor won't become slippy if he has an accident/fit of pique.

I suggest this because I know from experience that getting rid of a much loved pet, for health reasons feels horrible. It leaves you feeling very at odds with the world and (bizarrely) can leave you feeling guilty as well. If there is any possible way to avoid it, it really is best. I think if you felt you had to get rid of him, the repercussions state of mind wise, could be unpleasant.

LabRat 01-11-2007 10:55 AM

They make doggie diapers...since I know that keeping him away from you isn't in either of your best interests.

For the love of g*d, the smell that carpet + pee makes would make even rkzen bolt out the door. barf.

rkzenrage 01-14-2007 12:34 AM

No carpet in our house and he is being good now, unless it rains... too bad we live in the damn sub-tropics.

Elspode 01-15-2007 06:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Anu on the left, Maya on the right, taking a break from a mutual grooming seesion on the dryer yesterday.

Iggy 01-20-2007 01:57 PM

Those are really beautiful cats Elspode.

And good luck rkz. Hopefully your dog is picking up that his behavior was really hurting you and will stop now.

York 01-22-2007 12:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here 's my biggie again...the cat that is! :D
(sorry , couldnt find one without my infant! :blush: )

rkzenrage 01-22-2007 12:45 PM

Is that a Maine Coon?

York 01-22-2007 12:51 PM

Nope he isnt! He's daddy might been....;)
Anyway, he has to much hair....:D

Elspode 01-22-2007 03:39 PM

Good Lord! Its Cat Kong!!

xoxoxoBruce 01-26-2007 09:55 AM

Caution ~ Do not watch this clip if you are diabetic or prone to cavities. ~ Caution :D

Shawnee123 01-26-2007 10:22 AM

I wuv that kit-un!

Elspode 01-26-2007 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm pleased to introduce you all to our newest fur child, Rocky. He is a two year old miniature Pinscher/wire haired somethingorother mix. He's sharp as a tack, terribly obedient, and responds to the following commands: sit, lay, speak, and give me five/ten. He is also keenly aware of the meaning of the following terms: outside, cookie, walk and baby (which I discovered, completely by accident, is his idea of what his stuffed fluffy toy dog is called).

Selene found Rocky on craigslist last week. She's been convinced for some time now that Bridgid, the dog we've had for five years now, was lonely during the day while everyone was at work and school, and thus needed a companion. I had argued that this was unlikely as Bridgid has, up until now, been utterly unaware that she was in fact a dog in the first place. She simply considers herself the shortest, least employed member of the family. She's *never* socialized well with other dogs, but we gave it a try anyway.

So far, so good. She's still a jealous animal, and commands the first and best of everything (such as position in the bed, food, attention, etc), but they are adapting well to each other.

Rocky is great. So great, in fact, and so obviously loved by the man from whom we adopted him, that we're not quite sure why he was let go in the first place. We are the fortunate beneficiaries of someone else's misfortune, I suppose.

Griff 01-26-2007 07:51 PM

You've got a little star there Spode! Maybe you should, pack up and move to Beverly...

Elspode 01-26-2007 08:02 PM

He does sort of have that Benji vibe...only with longer legs.

xoxoxoBruce 01-26-2007 09:52 PM

He looks like he could be a buddy...... and a chick magnet. Did the guy say how old he is? :question: