The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Quality Images and Videos (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Bruises (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=15574)

Griff 05-04-2014 06:23 AM

Just wait until she's traveling around Europe on her own, then you'll know O L D.

xoxoxoBruce 05-04-2014 09:09 AM

Not old, successful. :thumb:

Gravdigr 05-05-2014 04:24 PM

Quote:

...and got kicked across the cheekbone...
Well, damn...

BigV 05-05-2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the millimeter
"...the first rule about fight club..."

Clodfobble 05-06-2014 08:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looking even more badass as it heals.

Undertoad 05-06-2014 08:13 PM

Definitely your child... not in the shiner department, in everything else.

BigV 05-08-2014 02:02 PM

she's so cute, and that shot, though she's looking right at the camera, seems so candid...

How does she feel about the whole deal? The change in her appearance, the questions (that you anticipated), not to mention the whole getting kicked in the face part, etc.

Clodfobble 05-08-2014 02:37 PM

She's been surprisingly indifferent. She thought it was strange the first time I wanted to take a picture, but now she's enjoying seeing the progression in the series. Otherwise she doesn't seem to notice it in the mirror. We warned her that people would ask her what happened, but each time she's just told the story without any drama, like what she had for lunch. When it happened she only cried for a few minutes, less than she has for much smaller injuries, but all her friends were around her that time so she may have felt like she had to man up.

BigV 05-08-2014 02:43 PM

or...

it was all that oxytocin in the air.

Still, I'm glad she's doing well. I hate seeing my kids suffer (your kids, anybody's kids), BUT, if there's good to be had from it, like learning that you can take a punch, literal and figurative, and there's no permanent damage, then I can endure my suffering with a minimum of tears. Good for her!

limey 06-23-2014 02:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 48243 not a bruise, yet. But I skinned my knee falling over in front of a bus. Was hoping to go to a dance, but in the end I did not go to the ball!

Sent by thought transference

monster 06-23-2014 06:47 PM

when it goes green, you'll have a limey....

xoxoxoBruce 06-23-2014 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limey (Post 902725)
Was hoping to go to a dance, but in the end I did not go to the ball!

Sorry to hear your coach turned back to a pumpkin ahead of schedule. :(

Sundae 06-24-2014 02:11 PM

Shit, Limes!
I tole you Arran was dangerous.

Hope Mr Limey looked after you and the cats don't use you as a springboard until its scabbed over.

BigV 12-22-2014 11:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have big feet. Unless I'm some unusually deep stairs, my feet usually don't fit on the risers. I'm used to it. Going up, I'm on the balls of my feet on the noses of the treads and my heels don't touch; going down, I consciously tap my heel into the riser at the back of the stairstep and my toes overhang. I slipped on the stairs at work yesterday, both times heading down the stairs. The first time, I had my hand on the railing and my feet just went zooop! forward and onto my ass I went, my back cracked against the stairs. Owwwwwch. I was creaky and sore.

The second time I slipped was backing down the stairs on the catwalks in the lower bay. The treads are expanded metal, steel plates with a zigzag pattern on the upturned edges of the perforations for traction. As I was backing down these steps (like you back down a ladder) my foot slipped through the open risers and shot forward. Fortunately, I maintained my footing because my leg stopped when my shin hit the edge of the step above the one my foot slipped on.

This was the result.

Attachment 49879

Attachment 49880

My reservoir of colorful language was severely depleted.

fargon 12-22-2014 11:33 AM

Ouch.