The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Products I wholeheartedly endorse (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16635)

SteveDallas 07-20-2009 02:47 PM

Dammit! I knew I forgot to do something yesterday...

Sundae 10-17-2009 08:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Both for the Brits - soz.

Gordon Ramsey has put his name to two (as far as I know) sauces in honour of Red Nose Day next year. One is mushroom based, and Dads has a sensitivity to the 'shrooms - sometimes he's fine, sometimes he pukes like Limey. So it's never worth risking. But the one pictured is proper spicy. Ever been in a pub and the chilli is basically Bolognaise with beans? Not here! Your mouth will be singing until dessert, but no ring of fire, honest.

Anyway, Ramsey's face is on it but he gets no royalties, and Sainsbury's have it reduced at the mo (contracts mean Comic Relief get the same donation.) Snap it up, even if you have to mix it with yoghurt or sour cream to tame it.

The other is generic fizzy water. I LOVE IT! The one pictured is currently the cheapest (I think) but only by 1p. Even my penny pinching Dad can be persuaded (by Mum) to pick me up a coupla bottles. Anyone dieting - BUY IT! It bloats your belly so you don't fancy snacking. It's bloody cheap (there must be generic brands worldwide) and it hydrates you - good, because many ppl confuse hunger cravings with thirst (apparently, not my opinion.)

Drink it. Drink bottles of it. But if you drink too many and kill yourself it's not my fault, okay?

limey 10-17-2009 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 601580)
Both for the Brits - soz.

... sometimes he's fine, sometimes he pukes like Limey....

I'm famous:blush:!

Radar 10-17-2009 11:41 AM

Red nose day?

limey 10-17-2009 11:51 AM

A day when people do silly things to raise money for charity.

Sundae 10-17-2009 01:55 PM

Ah yes, sorry. Red Nose day is a Friday in March every two years, run by Comic Relief. This is a disparate group of (mostly) comedians, some entertainers who raise money on one specific date. Think Live Aid, but funnier and more regular. Their symbol is a red nose, which changes in style each time so - like football shirts - you can't wear the same one year after year. Then again, it's for charity, not corporate profit. Many shows make a one-off special for the event. It's very much like Children In Need (coming up in November) but nominally funnier. IMO Children In Need is often funnier because it's only s'posed to be lighthearted so there's no pressure on performers. Oh, did you say John Barrowman is in it this year? Oh, really? Not that that makes me more inclined towards it or anything...

Sainsbury's are a big sponsor of Comic Relief (all the big four have their own charities) so this is a way to slowly sneak it into your consciousness... Asda make a big deal of Children In Need for example.

ETA - found this on Wiki. Says what I did (phew!) but in more detail in case you're completely fascinated. Inserted a link for CIN to be fair.

ETA - again. Comic Relief happened this year. I missed it. I think. I can only assume my parents were away and I was drunk. Or they were home and I was drunk. I was drunk a lot early this year. So the sauces are probably reduced because they are nearing expiration date, as opposed to being released early. Not being afraid of things like expiration dates I will buy them up and use them until the end of the next century (or until I run out, or die) and recommend everyone else to do so.

ZenGum 10-17-2009 06:38 PM

DownUnda, red nose day is specifically to raise money for research into SIDS; Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, AKA Cot Death.

xoxoxoBruce 10-18-2009 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limey (Post 601612)
A day when people do silly things to raise money for charity.

And paint their noses red, so people will know they just aren't acting British. :lol2:

skysidhe 11-06-2009 09:45 AM

Heat Patches. They Work!

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/31...41_500X500.jpg

These were very inexpensive. I was skeptical but I thought the warmth would feel good. The next morning I was surprised to find they had taken the pain away.

skysidhe 11-06-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 464447)

coconut milk made into a simple syrup (use cocnut milk instedad of water) and add a cup of very strong coffee to a cup of coconut syrup and add many of ice cubes and blender them fully and splash on vodka. yuummy.

I whole heartedly endorspe

I've been reading about the health benefits of coconut milk and wondering how to best use it.

hummm wonderful possibilities in a delicious drink. I wonder if freezing the coconut milk changes it's healthful properties any?

It is a nice way to stay drunk and get healthy at the same time. :p

Flint 12-09-2009 09:35 PM

Creature Comforts

A hot bath with a shot of: Olbas Herbal Bath , and Dr. Bronner's Peppermint castile soap. And a sandalwood candle, from Pier One, I think.

With: a hot cup of Celestial Seasonings Mint Magic tea, with honey, lemon, Broncolin (Mexican...cough syrup?), and Sailor Jerry's spiced rum.

This is the most relaxed you can legally get without a prescription.

Edit: As for coconuts, get one cut to shape in its raw husk, drill two holes with a sanitized drill bit (one to drain, one for air to get back in) and drain the juice. Mix with Sailor Jerry's and fresh-squeezed limes, use a small funnel to pour back into coconut shell/husk. Pop in a straw.

Trilby 12-10-2009 07:47 AM

you had me at Mexican cough syrup.

Spexxvet 12-22-2009 02:42 PM

http://sno-easy.com/images/two-step.jpg

Ergonomic snow shovel. Worked great on Sunday!

Perry Winkle 12-22-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 619888)

I feel sorry for your rotator cuff.

Clodfobble 12-22-2009 03:35 PM

(But he's not sorry about ur finger.)