The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Quality Images and Videos (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Ye Olde Videoe Clippe Threade (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=4624)

gtown 07-23-2008 09:49 AM

Further evidence towards my theory that the internet has gained consciousness and is posting as Bruce. If you want something that's out there, Bruce will find it. Bruce is all knowing. All hail Bruce!!

:notworthy

Bullitt 07-24-2008 11:29 PM

Elspode 07-25-2008 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 470927)
I'm never sleeping outside again... ever! :eek:

Very creepy...but why did they do it?

spudcon 07-25-2008 09:47 AM

They do it because they're maneaters from the trifid galaxy.

Sundae 07-25-2008 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skysidhe (Post 470887)
I wonder who the vocalist is?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 470893)
The song on the first video is "Oh So Quiet" by Bjork.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skysidhe (Post 470895)
thanks! I know that name but never gave her a listen. She's got an old time voice.

Her songs aren't usually old time :) But I do love her voice.
She has such a wonderful accent. Icelandic of course, but her English is very English.

A quick taster.

Undertoad 07-25-2008 09:20 PM

I don't like how she disses brit pop. As an American it's so often my favorite school of music.

skysidhe 07-25-2008 09:36 PM

No, I know she isn't old time. I looked her up. She's funky but that one song reminded me of old time singers. I said, "she has an old time voice".

oh it's ok. I am sure you never had to suffer through The Lawrence Welk show with your grandmother :)

xoxoxoBruce 07-25-2008 09:55 PM

Thank you, boyees.

skysidhe 07-25-2008 10:00 PM

wunnerful wunnerful

(edit)
oh I forgot...........shoooe

Sundae 07-26-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skysidhe (Post 471538)
No, I know she isn't old time. I looked her up. She's funky but that one song reminded me of old time singers. I said, "she has an old time voice".

I know, I read it. For the record, I was trying to explain that it's probably the only song she has ever sung, in which you could hear that quality in her voice. As you looked it up, what I wrote was redundant. I wasn't trying to make you feel small, I was trying to give you some more information because you'd asked originally.

Just for more information - Spitting Image (satirical UK puppet show of the 80s-90s) compared her voice to a fax machine because if the changes in pitch she usually employs.

UT - that's a really old interview. I can see how someone coming in from the outside during that period would feel it was an exclusive club and resent it. Although I don't agree with what she said it's an interesting perspective because I certainly didn't hear it at the time.

Anyway, back to videos :)
My favourite professional beard wearer, Derren Brown, with a nice English display of psychological manipulation.

Clodfobble 07-26-2008 12:37 PM

Ooh, they did a few episodes in America with that guy, but it never caught on. It was so fascinating to watch the things he could do to people.

skysidhe 07-26-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 471628)
Ooh, they did a few episodes in America with that guy, but it never caught on. It was so fascinating to watch the things he could do to people.

I don't believe in that shizzle. I would be putting the ramparts of my brain up the minute he asked if he could sit with me then practically on the guys lap waving his arms. I'd be ....knock that f...s..off!

*sigh*

anyway, I've been listening to my Matchbox 20 MP3 files this afternoon. I know I already posted the lyrics but I like this one song this morning. Probably because I havn't heard it in awhile.

Stress Puppy 07-27-2008 12:27 AM

Obviously it doesn't work for everyone, there's a guy in the video that just shrugs it off. It's like hypnotism.

Sundae 07-27-2008 01:09 PM

I think I posted that I went to his live show the other month.
I was called on as one of his "mindreading" volunteers.
I knew there was a trick to how he "guessed" the info about me and that it was a standard magic trick and not any kind of psychology - but it was still damned impressive.

I'd like to sit in his lap. But sadly I'm not his type.

morethanpretty 07-27-2008 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 471763)
I'd like to sit in his lap. But sadly I'm not his type.

He's gay?