The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Products I wholeheartedly endorse (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16635)

TGRR 06-15-2009 11:09 PM

Actually, what he SHOULD have been thinking is, "This may very well be the last coherent thought I ever have, so I'd better make it good."

Sundae 06-16-2009 08:50 AM

Smart Colour Total Blonde
I bought it because it was cheap (from Wilko) without even realising it came divided into two sachets.
So with my new short hair, I only used half and have half still to go. AND it came with mixing tray, gloves and brush - which they don't all.

Once I've used up the pink I'm going back to the white blonde - I really liked it.
And I'm going to keep my hair this length.

Haha, how likely is that? Me with the same hair for a couple of months?

wolf 06-16-2009 01:36 PM

Based on my recent camping experience, I have to wholeheartedly endorse Tiffin Motor Homes, particularly the Allegro Bus.

In addition to a full kitchen, comfortable beds, central vac system, gold-plated Moen bathroom fixtures, and a washer-dryer, it has a light-up doorhandle so you can find it in the dark.

Trilby 06-16-2009 02:16 PM

^^^^that's CAMPING?

I'm so proud of you, girl. That's exactly the way I would do it, too.

limey 06-16-2009 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 574674)
Based on my recent camping experience, I have to wholeheartedly endorse Tiffin Motor Homes, particularly the Allegro Bus.

In addition to a full kitchen, comfortable beds, central vac system, gold-plated Moen bathroom fixtures, and a washer-dryer, it has a light-up doorhandle so you can find it in the dark.

Brilliant, and obvious now someone's thought of it (all puns intended).

Gravdigr 06-19-2009 10:29 AM

Zippo lighters. Case pocket knives. And Buicks.

Griff 06-26-2009 07:30 AM

Somebody mentioned Kindle earlier. We got them for the girls. They are addicted.

wolf 06-26-2009 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 574674)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 574691)
^^^^that's CAMPING?

Camping is a hotel without 24 hour room service.

Flint 06-26-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 574691)
^^^^that's CAMPING?

Of course, you'd have to leave the doors unlocked, or risk lessening the chance of being taken forcefully in the night by a wild, hairy woodsman.

Trilby 06-26-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 577834)
Of course, you'd have to leave the doors unlocked, or risk lessening the chance of being taken forcefully in the night by a wild, hairy woodsman.

Does he have an accent?

Flint 06-26-2009 12:08 PM

He has a thick, veiny accent.

Trilby 06-26-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 577845)
He has a thick, veiny accent.

Is he kosher?

dar512 06-26-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 577848)
Is he kosher?

He could be kosher, but he hasn't been certified. :D

Pensive Monkey 07-14-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 432748)
Ooooh, cleaning products.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Not for general cleaning so much as marks, stains, anything that "won't" come off. It took black marker off a wall, crayon off a linoleum floor, and 5 years of gray gunk off patio furniture, all of which had been previously scrubbed senseless with a variety of cleaning products.

As with so many other things, the ads made it look gimmicky, and it wasn't until a woman I know demonstrated it for me--because she carries one in her purse at all times simply for the purpose of convincing other people how amazing it is--that I really understood.

I couldn't live without the Magic Eraser.

That, and peanut butter.

Pensive Monkey 07-14-2009 01:26 PM

Kindle, really? I'm anti-Kindle. Granted, I've never used one. But I'm a book junkie. Nothing could be better than a well-loved, dog-eared paperback book. I even sniff my books.

I suppose that using Kindle in place of heavy, expensive textbooks is an idea I can get behind. But that's it.