The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Be a post whore! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13909)

Cloud 02-21-2010 08:50 PM

ugh. I've about had it with all politicians. They spend all their time pointing fingers and blaming the other side, without getting anything done. They're the true pikers, lumberjim, and I just want to tell them to stfu and get back to work!

lumberjim 02-21-2010 10:21 PM

skoal!

ZenGum 02-22-2010 03:17 AM

Aw crap. We've got a state election coming up, and a federal one not long away. Elections and voting don't bother me; all the message-massaged bullshit in the preceding month makes me nauseous.

Sundae 02-22-2010 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capnhowdy (Post 636158)
You need to get laid, Sundae.

Amen to that!

Parts of what follows are whited out because they refer to menstruation - if that icks you out you won't see it by mistake at least.

So it turns out the reason for a number of things getting me down lately is the fact I am having a period. This is my first in years, so I'd forgotten how crummy they make me feel. For days I was feeling low and mopey - which I put down to a blip in my depression. And my charlies were SO heavy and SO sore! When I took off my bra each night I felt like I had two boulders dipped in pain hanging off me. And my belly wasn't right. Not at all. It also felt heavy and twingy, like something was rotting in there.

Lo and behold, I go to the loo and black gunge comes out. Wha?! I know this as a sign that I am about to bleed and suddenly everything falls into place. It's not a heavy flow by any means - nothing on my panty liner, just plenty to wipe each time I go to the loo. But the other symptoms are as strong as I ever had them.

I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come. My implant isn't due for renewal until August at least. If I'm going to start getting periods again, I might as well not bother having another one - the contraception is simply a side effect for me after all.

Anyway, now I know what my mystery ailment is, it's easier to deal with. Just hope it's all over & done with soon, because it's still pretty rotten. My sympathy to those of you who go through it every month.

jujuwwhite 02-22-2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 636529)
[ My sympathy to those of you who go through it every month.

SG, that is the absolute 1 thing i did NOT miss when I went through my partial hysterectomy and then went through another surgery to remove 1 fallopian tube. I never, ever said, 'oh how i wish it would come back'!!!

it was so fun when they took out the baby bed and left in the the play pen!!

Yznhymr 02-22-2010 11:09 PM

Anyone had a tubal reversal in their 40s then have a successful pregnancy?

jujuwwhite 02-23-2010 06:57 AM

I've heard of it but understand it can be more difficult after a reversal. In my case, they would have to put stuff back and I ain't having that!!!

Queen of the Ryche 02-24-2010 03:05 PM

Happy Belated Birthday to me, and Congratulations to me on the promotion/raise I got today! WooHoo! (Sorry, just needed a pat on the back, figured I'd find one here...been scarce around here, since I passed my test...Love and miss you guys!!!)

classicman 02-24-2010 03:15 PM

Congrats and belated happy day to you!

That test is a bear - isn't it?

Queen of the Ryche 02-24-2010 03:18 PM

Yeah - studying for my 66 and 6 now......

classicman 02-24-2010 03:30 PM

Glutton for punishment you are.

Queen of the Ryche 02-24-2010 04:06 PM

Straight up glutton. Hence the desire for more raises and promotions! Been working for two different offices altely, half day here, half day there - Lots more work, but worth it to put food on the table.

Clodfobble 02-24-2010 06:11 PM

Congrats on the promotion, Queen!

Sundae 02-25-2010 12:21 AM

Making my last sandwich for my Grandad today.
I'll kinda miss it.
My parents have more money than time (without having a lot of money!) But the last ten days I've made time to make Grandad a sandwich every day, and a little treat, and gone and had a cup of tea with him about 4 o' clock.

I know he has appreciated it. Okay, my ironing is nowhere near as good as Mum's. And I don't do a million other things she does that he would miss. But at the obvious end of things he has really enjoyed.

The only thing I feel bad about is that I haven't done it before. When you're drinking you have far better ways to fill your time than looking after other people.

Cooked up some stuffing last night, so he's having chicken & stuffing & lettuce. Ironically, he might not even enjoy it! He likes really simple sandwiches (which is why he's not getting Caesar Salad). Big hits this week have been egg - yes, just egg and salt - tinned red salmon and cucumber, cheese & tomato and sliced liver sausage.

Oh, I don't think I've said yet - I start volunteering at a local primary school on Friday. Two days a week - Friday and Monday. Working in the role of a teaching assistant. And yes, I told them up front about Amsterdam - I have three working days before I go, enough to get into the swing of things.

Happy and nervous. I bought some clothes from eBay all ready for the experience. Will have to post a pic of me in teacher gear!

DanaC 02-25-2010 05:20 AM

Happy Birthday Queenie!

@ Sundae: the volunteering sounds really cool. I can totally see you that role.