The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   About Abuse (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=24928)

infinite monkey 04-19-2011 12:10 PM

Do I think cloud is helpless and ignorant? No I dont. But I reserve the right to laugh at the performance.

infinite monkey 04-19-2011 12:21 PM

Was it this thread or its unintentional clone where Ali asked why I've changed? (The threads could be merged with nary a stitch.)

Nope, I'm still the same old me. You paint your criticisms with patience and concern and pretend your insults then bear meaningful weight. In other words, save it: your support has been woefully absent times when I really needed it.

I don't need to be saved from some sort of negative influence, as you hint at. These are my thoughts and my words.

Trying to remember when I was all sweetness and light. No, I've always been me.

TheMercenary 04-19-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 724244)
depending how far back you want to trace it, UT is responsible for creating the cellar, [u]but Gore is responsible for creating the internets...]/u]

:lol: I love that line....

jimhelm 04-19-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud (Post 724301)
because I view that as pandering to bullies and bringing myself down to their level, and in the end, it's not really worth it to me.

but posting a poll and naming one or two specific people to be held up for scrutiny and judgement is NOT bullying? oh, ok.

before you say it again, I understand that YOU didn't start the poll. I am, however, convinced that since you 'know who did' ...that you're of a mind with that person (whose name may or may not start with the letter A)

I just want to point out that this is a bullying thread.

just sayin'

TheMercenary 04-19-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimhelm (Post 724320)
but posting a poll and naming one or two specific people to be held up for scrutiny and judgement is NOT bullying? oh, ok.

Really?

Trilby 04-19-2011 12:29 PM

most bullies will deny to their death that they are, indeed, bullies.

I agree with you jimhelm. 100%.

jimhelm 04-19-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 724322)
Really?

really. I was totally bullying you, so you know.

TheMercenary 04-19-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimhelm (Post 724325)
really. I was totally bullying you, so you know.

Just sounded a bit duplicitous.... that's all.

jimhelm 04-19-2011 12:36 PM

well.... yeah.

I've done shit like this. I'm not casting judgement on the use of this type of thread, per se. I dislike the anonymous posting of it mostly because it's a chicken shit thing to do. I also dislike the hypocrisy of cloud harping on bullying when she is taking part in it presently.

I've been on both sides of this kind of thing, to be sure. I am not speaking form a position of innocence at all. Simply pointing out that a pack of Hyenas pulling down a Lion is killing just as much as a single Lion pouncing on a Gazelle is.

Flint 04-19-2011 01:14 PM

It's the anonymous posting that I take issue with.

It isn't just distasteful--it actually harms the chances of working things through. So I have to wonder, if the poster isn't really interested in working things through to a resolution (as would be possible only if the issues were brought forward properly, with this intent) then what IS the purpose of this thread? To cast negative characterizations against specific posters, without allowing them to respond to the accuser? To encourage other members to take punitive action against certain other members? This all sounds like intent to cause harm. This is malicious. The poster of this thread is the attacker, not the victim.

lookout123 04-19-2011 01:23 PM

Where is Casey Haynes when you need him?

TheMercenary 04-19-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimhelm (Post 724327)
well.... yeah.

I've done shit like this. I'm not casting judgement on the use of this type of thread, per se. I dislike the anonymous posting of it mostly because it's a chicken shit thing to do.

That's all I am saying, the rest of this is on whom ever posted it. The only entertaining bit is to watch everyone jump on each others shit. Mostly it is all stupid. That is what the ignore button is for, to improve one's viewing pleasure.

Trilby 04-19-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 724365)
The only entertaining bit is to watch everyone jump on each others shit. Mostly it is all stupid.

Ah. You've never jumped on anyone's shit, right?

Ch'yeah.

DanaC 04-19-2011 02:29 PM

Ha. ha, yeah. Jump on his shit Bri, jump on his shit.

Trilby 04-19-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 724389)
Ha. ha, yeah. Jump on his shit Bri, jump on his shit.

at least I don't do it anonymously :P