The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   need advice really really bad (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=5034)

jdbutler 04-20-2004 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Undertoad
When your life appears to fall into a mess right before your eyes, and there's nobody you can trust to tell your story, you can come here, jd, and still find a sympathetic audience.

Sniff, Sniff, blubber, bawl:violin:
Like I said, no sympathy here. If this bs were actually true, any self respecting woman would have Bobbited off his nads long ago and called the INS on his cheating immigrant ass. I still think it's a sob-story con job.

lumberjim 04-20-2004 01:42 PM

I think i'd rather make fun of him.

jdbutler 04-21-2004 07:26 AM

Eureka! The solution to her problem has manifested itself in my head...(Theme song to MASH plays in the background):violin:

Undertoad 04-21-2004 07:38 AM

If you want to be an ass, that's your perogative, and stacey's too if she wants, but I think you'll find that the majority of people reading this thread will find you an ass and her not;

And because you often get what you give, you'll learn someday that it pays not to be an ass.

jdbutler 04-21-2004 08:12 AM

[quote]Originally posted by Undertoad
[b]If you want to be an ass, that's your perogative, and stacey's too if she wants, but I think you'll find that the majority of people reading this thread will find you an ass and her not

You have a point Toad, and everyone dons the asshat at one time or another, as a matter of fact, its my favorite hat.
But is it only I that can visualize her sitting at the word processor, laughing her ass off while all of the responders are helping her fo finish her thesis on the dysfunctional bleeding hearts of cyberspace? Or am I just PARANOID?

lumberjim 04-21-2004 08:12 AM

I think what JD doesn;t understand is that although stacey took a lot of heat over that situation, and came out loking kind of bad through the whole thing, we all ( well, i can only speak for myself, but i think in general...) developed a liking for her. She's part of the family. She may be that sister that makes your eyes tired from rolling them all of the time, but.......she has redeeming qualities. She's terrifically honest and open. She isnt trying to impress anyone, or put anyone down.

So, mr Butler, before you recommend suicide to one of the dwellars, consider what UT says carefully. In your time of need, we're here for you. If you act like an ass, we'll tell you that too. That's what families do.

lumberjim 04-21-2004 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by jdbutler

But is it only I that can visualize her sitting at the word processor, laughing her ass off while all of the responders are helping her fo finish her thesis on the dysfunctional bleeding hearts of cyberspace? Or am I just PARANOID?

um...no. she's legit. you'd have to have been there for the whole thing, but her pain is real.

jdbutler 04-21-2004 08:33 AM

OK, you guys are right...apologies to any who were offended.
She is lucky to have people who are concerned for her mental well-being, unlike the welcome home reception received by many of my brothers in the late sixties thru 70's.

Happy Monkey 04-21-2004 09:15 AM

That's gotta be one of the clumsiest segues into political debate I've seen in quite a while.

lumberjim 04-21-2004 09:17 AM

Yeah, but look on the bright side.....no puns!

jdbutler 04-21-2004 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Happy Monkey
That's gotta be one of the clumsiest segues into political debate I've seen in quite a while.
No debate intended, master.

BrianR 04-21-2004 09:35 AM

yet.

Beestie 04-21-2004 11:21 AM

Originally posted by jdbutler although not necessarily in this order
Quote:

Blah, blah, blah... as a matter of fact, [the asshat is] my favorite hat.

But is it only I that can visualize her sitting at the word processor, laughing her ass off while all of the responders are helping her fo finish her thesis on the dysfunctional bleeding hearts of cyberspace?

She is lucky to have people who are concerned for her mental well-being, unlike the welcome home reception received by many of my brothers in the late sixties thru 70's.

Or am I just PARANOID?
Good question.

mrnoodle 04-21-2004 12:53 PM

Quote:

I think what JD doesn;t understand is that although stacey took a lot of heat over that situation, and came out loking kind of bad through the whole thing, we all ( well, i can only speak for myself, but i think in general...) developed a liking for her.
And she demonstrated much testicular fortitude by not only standing up for herself when many disagreed with her, but by returning to the cellar and continuing to contribute despite things getting personal and nasty.

xoxoxoBruce 04-21-2004 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jdbutler
OK, you guys are right...apologies to any who were offended.

Then you'll just love today's DoDad.:rolleyes: