The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Quality Images and Videos (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Neat pictures I've taken (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16085)

plthijinx 10-17-2011 02:04 PM

4 Attachment(s)
they also did pyrotechnics too which was pretty cool....

plthijinx 10-17-2011 04:51 PM

here are a couple vids from the show too.....

plthijinx 10-17-2011 04:52 PM

plthijinx 10-17-2011 04:54 PM

i wasn't too impressed with the auto focus while taking movies with the 3100. it kept getting confused and not focusing correctly. pretty much the vids here that i posted were the only ones worth a darn out of the many that i took.

Gravdigr 10-17-2011 05:02 PM

Awesome pics.

BigV 10-19-2011 11:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This weekend.
Attachment 34690

classicman 10-19-2011 03:00 PM

very nice V. What was the exposure time on that?

glatt 10-19-2011 03:04 PM

Where is that? Look like it's take from a bluff overlooking a mountain lodge.

footfootfoot 10-19-2011 03:16 PM

Looks like you got some pinholes in your, oh wait. Never mind. Very cool.

Bullitt 10-19-2011 05:13 PM

Confederates in the Attic is a phenomenal book about modern day Civil War reenactors, and how the war is still very much alive in the minds of many people on the east coast and in the south. Short read, but very interesting stuff.

TheMercenary 10-19-2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullitt (Post 765333)
Confederates in the Attic is a phenomenal book about modern day Civil War reenactors, and how the war is still very much alive in the minds of many people on the east coast and in the south. Short read, but very interesting stuff.

:tumb: I was going to recommend this very book! You beat me to it. It was a wonderful and interesting read. Part Travellog, part finger-on-the-pulse of the Re-enactor underground and a taste (al be it not an assessment of) the South in modern times. An eye opener. A must read.....

plthijinx 10-19-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 765286)
very nice V. What was the exposure time on that?

i too would like to know the settings. my night shots ssssSSSSSUUUUCK. me needs help/suggestions. i know slow everything down in low light but i think i'm not using the correct combinations. been practicing on go karts at night but they're all blurry or over exposed or something. take your pick. er pic. i mean pick. :p:

BigV 10-19-2011 09:41 PM

Thanks guys. :)

I don't have an easy EXIF exporter, so here's the manual transcription:

exposure 15s
aperture 2.97
f number f/2.8
iso 1600

There was plenty of exposure, I could have stepped down the iso or the exposure, but the conditions for examining the photo were quite poor, as you can imagine. I made a copy and this is the edited copy, I added a lot of black as the original has an unpretty amount of noise.

I also took a shot straight up and got a lovely view of the Milky Way, though there's lots of noise in that one too.

plt--Night shots are h-a-r-d. Keep at it, they're very rewarding and your camera has much more technological horsepower than mine does. When you learn how to drive it, you're gonna love it.

dmg1969 10-20-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 765421)
Thanks guys. :)

I don't have an easy EXIF exporter, so here's the manual transcription:

exposure 15s
aperture 2.97
f number f/2.8
iso 1600

There was plenty of exposure, I could have stepped down the iso or the exposure, but the conditions for examining the photo were quite poor, as you can imagine. I made a copy and this is the edited copy, I added a lot of black as the original has an unpretty amount of noise.

I also took a shot straight up and got a lovely view of the Milky Way, though there's lots of noise in that one too.

plt--Night shots are h-a-r-d. Keep at it, they're very rewarding and your camera has much more technological horsepower than mine does. When you learn how to drive it, you're gonna love it.

Very nice, BigV! For your Milky Way shots, try lowering the ISO to 800. It should reduce the noise. Your settings are about what I use for my astro photography. The photo you posted is VERY clear for an ISO of 1600. I'm good at 800, but they get noisy above that.

Gravdigr 10-20-2011 03:39 PM

Night/low light shots + moving subject + no flash = teh aggravation.