The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What are You Watching on Netflix Instant/Amazon Prime/orwhateverotherinstreaming (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=27934)

lumberjim 02-10-2016 02:00 PM

It's pretty good 6 episodes in. Mike's back story is played out now, and we see the beginning of his connection to Saul.... Who is still Jimmy at this point... I never connected Saul Goodman with S'all good, man. Until they showed his past scamming scene.

DanaC 02-10-2016 02:09 PM

Just watched the first episode of War and Peace. Really good stuff. I've never read the book. I wasn't particularly drawn to the tv adaptation, because I generally don;t much go in for period dramas - but Jan reminded me that it's a different angle on a conflict I am used to seeing from a british, or French perspective. So, I was only really watching for the Russian POV on the Napoleonic Wars - but it grabbed me straight away. Well cast, great acting, nippy dialogue and a nice deft touch to the direction.

The battle scenes are sparingly used, but my did they do a good job. Very impressive.

I got to the end of the first episode and was instantly tempted to go straight into the second episode. That's as good a sign for a show as I know.

lumberjim 02-10-2016 04:52 PM

.... aaand I'm current on that one. Shit. Only one season, 9 episodes in the bank there. Good news is that season 2 starts Monday. So next week is a big week. Sunday the 14th, The Walking Dead, Monday, it's Better Call Saul, and Thursday, Vikings!

lumberjim 02-10-2016 04:53 PM

I'm about to start Sons of Anarchy now.

footfootfoot 02-10-2016 05:12 PM

Just started Parks and Recreation

Clodfobble 02-10-2016 09:08 PM

I'm jealous of you, foot. Season one takes a bit of time to find its footing, as is true of most shows, but my god does it get good after that.

glatt 02-11-2016 07:18 AM

You just like Chris Pratt.

footfootfoot 02-11-2016 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 953310)
I'm jealous of you, foot. Season one takes a bit of time to find its footing, as is true of most shows, but my god does it get good after that.

Did season one only have 6 episodes?

Anyway, I plowed through season 2

There are some hilarious parts and the cast is great. Amy Poehler is so funny. I just watched Sisters and laughed my ass off and wanted to see more of Amy so I got Parks and Rec. It is funny that Megan Mulally, who is Nick Offerman's wife and played his wife, looks so much like Tina Fey. I thought it was her but her face was a little bit saggy and I just figured that Tina Fey had had a face lift since then,

I'm hoping it will keep me occupied until Dr. Who and Vikings, and GOT come out.

Clodfobble 02-12-2016 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt
You just like Chris Pratt.

Not until he got himself all buff, somewhere around season 5 (whatever summer it was that Guardians of the Galaxy was filming.) Season 1 Chris Pratt is super doofy.

Griff 03-04-2016 06:33 AM

I just watched the first episode of The Man on Drumpf High Castle. This looks to be holy shit level good. Here's hoping.

DanaC 03-04-2016 06:38 AM

Drumpf lol

DanaC 03-25-2016 02:16 PM

I am currently gorging on the new series of Daredevil. Oh, how I love this show. Charlie Cox is excellent. And Jon Bernthal was a great casting choice for the Punisher.

Gravdigr 03-25-2016 02:34 PM

Just finished Season One of "Better Call Saul".

I'm finding that I really like Jonathan Banks as "Mike". Never cared for him much in any other role.

Clodfobble 03-25-2016 05:39 PM

I have unwatched episodes of Louie, Halt and Catch Fire, Flaked, Walking Dead, New Girl, Jane the Virgin, Better Call Saul, Narcos, Cuckoo, House of Cards, About a Boy, and Orphan Black. And those are just the ones I'm excited about. I'll never catch up.

Happy Monkey 03-25-2016 05:49 PM

Gotta watch this week's iZombie on Hulu; for some reason my DVR failed me.